🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Advice/Opinion with Job Completed but no repl...
Page options
m_rebutoc
Community Member

Advice/Opinion with Job Completed but no reply from client

Hi. Need your advice/opinion on what I should do next.  A client hired me to make schedule posts good for one year on his social media page. I did the job but the social media page only allows scheduled posts good for six months. I did inform the client and he just said okay. I completed the postings for six months already and as days go by, I am still scheduling new posts on his page so as to make sure I keep working on his project. Recently, I asked him to let me know if there's anything else but there was no reply from him. How should I approach the situation? Should I request for payment or wait for him to do close the contract? If I will request for payment, what file should I submit as my completed work; the job has been posted on his social media page. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@Mayeth R wrote:

Should I request for payment or wait for him to do close the contract? If I will request for payment, what file should I submit as my completed work; the job has been posted on his social media page. 

Is it a fixed rate job and is the milestone which covers the work you have done so far completed and fully funded?

If so, yes, of course you should request payment. Just put "done on XYZ platform as requested" - there is no need to "attach" anything.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

@Mayeth R wrote:

Should I request for payment or wait for him to do close the contract? If I will request for payment, what file should I submit as my completed work; the job has been posted on his social media page. 

Is it a fixed rate job and is the milestone which covers the work you have done so far completed and fully funded?

If so, yes, of course you should request payment. Just put "done on XYZ platform as requested" - there is no need to "attach" anything.

re: "Recently, I asked him to let me know if there's anything else but there was no reply from him."

I never do that. I know what was agreed upon.

When the task is complete, I click the green Submit Work / Request Payment button.

Then, if the client does not reply, I get paid automatically.

If the client thinks something should be changed, his side has a button allowing him to request a change, or revision.

This is how the tool is meant to be used.

There is no reason to message the client beforehand to ask if anything else should be done. Use the green Submit button.

1cbfa0df5173e000e010eb1a192d6bc1_meme-hes-right-you-know-meme-hes-right-you-know_800-598.jpeg

I will keep this in mind, Sir, for future jobs that I will accept. Thank  you.

Thanks, that what I did now. But still, there was nothing from him. So I will just have to wait. Anyway, it's a fixed price job. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths