🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Advice for Proposing a New Contract to an Exi...
Page options
aebc03ed
Community Member

Advice for Proposing a New Contract to an Existing Client?

I am creating a new hourly proposal for a client I have worked with in the past from/on Upwork. The previous project was at a fixed rate and we already closed it.

My client and I have discussed what I will kind of work I will be doing, by email, but it is rather informal and not refined for public consumption.

Do you think potential clients review all the job details of your previous projects on Upwork? (I do think a very relevant title is important, especially in my niche).

I am unsure how much time to spend on this aspect of the new contract, but as it's an opportunity to showcase my omegle best skills and throw in some extra keywords for the algorithm, I want to make sure I take advantage of it.

What kind of advice do you have about this kind of situation? What would you highlight if you had the opportunity?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mt,

I checked your account and would like to clarify that you will first need to complete your application and submit it for a review. Once your application is approved, you will be able to start sending proposals and clients will be able to hire you.
To learn more about how to complete your profile up to 100%, check out this Help Article. To learn more about getting started on Upwork, check out our resources Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mt,

I checked your account and would like to clarify that you will first need to complete your application and submit it for a review. Once your application is approved, you will be able to start sending proposals and clients will be able to hire you.
To learn more about how to complete your profile up to 100%, check out this Help Article. To learn more about getting started on Upwork, check out our resources Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
aebc03ed
Community Member

Now that I have that, I almost want to tell the freelancer to stop working and figure out some fair compensation for their time (it's more than half done, based on what we agreed to, but far from fully complete). If you think that it is worth your time to continue working with that freelancer, training him, helping him do better, then you are welcome to do so.
That is a choice that**Edited for community guidelines** you can make.
 I don't want to offend them by throwing away one of the projects at this point in the game though, especially  in**Edited for community guidelines**since I still need them to complete the other project. I want to make sure I take advantage of it.

fb821fa0
Community Member

Thanks for your excellent advice.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths