🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Advice on how to get the profile verifica...
Page options
603aa5fb
Community Member

Advice on how to get the profile verification badge and Rising talent

Hello everyone. 

I am a week old in Upwork and to be extremely honest, I feel completely lost now. My profile is 100% complete and well structured (I hope) but I am yet to get an email for profile verification and Upwork readiness test, hence unable to get the Rising Talent email invite, too. I've submitted various Proposals and no one accepts or rejects them, maybe because I don't have any badge or they don't see me. Although I didn't get the email invite, I took the Upwork readiness test and I passed. But still, I was not given any account credit for it. It's almost as if I didn't write it, it does not reflect anywhere. I feel frustrated and sad, I must be honest. I'm very eager and very ready to work but my account does not get noticed in any way, in my Stats, no matter what I do. It's so sad. I once got a notification that my profile has gone LIVE but it's almost as if I'm invisible, even when I'm super available and constantly on Site. 

Someone should please help me with the way forward, I beg y'all, before this painful agony frustrates me any further. I just want to get noticed and be given jobs. I love my work as an editor, a book reviewer, a proofreader and copywriter. I am very eager to work and to make Upwork my major work space but I don't know what else to do to move forward. And I used to think I had to get a verification badge, pass the readiness test like I did and become a Rising Talent to finally become noticed on the platform. If I'm wrong and someone has other suggestions on how to grow my business and get the email for the Upwork readiness test invite, besides practically everything I already tried, please feel free to educate me. It'll be very much appreciated, at this point. Thank you.

Best regards. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Belynda,

Welcome to Upwork. I would suggest checking out our resources here: Getting Started on Upwork and learning more about Upwork.
Regarding the Rising Talent badge, once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Belynda,

Welcome to Upwork. I would suggest checking out our resources here: Getting Started on Upwork and learning more about Upwork.
Regarding the Rising Talent badge, once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran

Thank you very much for those links. I've gone through all of them and I'm super glad! I rearranged my profile and was more knowledgable. I think I'm making progress. Got my first interview invite a few days back. A happy day, yeah. It shows my account is being seen, I'm glad. 

You helped a lot. Thank you, once again. 

Best regards. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths