🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Advice
Page options
ahmed_lee
Community Member

Advice

Hello, community. I need your advice though sure answers are common. That's my reproof; When I submit a proposal for every work I send samples or templates to clients every time. These are the things I have done before to show my skills or a little part of clients' works so I want to make sure them that I have an idea what their requirements are. This became routine almost. But I still don't get any job. It seems my letters never reach them. I know there are hundreds of thousands of freelancers in the data entry category.  Maybe the problem is that trying to get a job under the Data Entry category.  For a new freelancer, I don't want to raise my rate.  I can see clients wants to exploit the freelancers who work at the lowest rates. So I have to let it be. What else do you think I should do? Or must I bow to the inevitable that I am the weakest link in the evolution chain?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lysis10
Community Member

Diving into data entry makes you a very small fish in a very large pond. Those jobs get like 100 proposals in an hour. Avoid. Find a skill for real, buddy.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lysis10
Community Member

Diving into data entry makes you a very small fish in a very large pond. Those jobs get like 100 proposals in an hour. Avoid. Find a skill for real, buddy.

Thanks. I know it is wasting my time wandering here.  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths