🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » After proposals
Page options
virusbattle
Community Member

After proposals

Hi team. What shoul i do after submitting the proposals with clients? Do i have to wait for them when they will be online and test me or something ? Help with this please
4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Bekzod Q wrote:
Hi team. What shoul i do after submitting the proposals with clients? Do i have to wait for them when they will be online and test me or something ? Help with this please

There is nothing else you *can* do.

But don't sit there waiting, you will get absolutely no response at all to the majority of your proposals.

Simply apply and move on. Unless and until a client gets back to you, it is not worth even thinking about them, let alone "waiting."

Hello and Thank you Guru. And one thing left how they could get in touch
with me when they liked to hire me on work ?
prestonhunter
Community Member

What should you do after you submit proposals?

You can do whatever you want to do.

But I will tell you what experienced Upwork freelancers consistently say they do:

We submit proposals and then FORGET ABOUT THEM.

After I submit a proposal to a job, that job and that client has nothing to do with me. They are not part of my work. They are not in my thoughts. They are not part of my life.

If the client sees my proposal and is interested in working with me, then they will contact me through Upwork by clicking a button on their end. This means that the job proposal enters into the "interview" phase.

It is okay for the client to ask some questions to verify that I'm able to work on the job. It is NOT okay for the client to ask me to work on the job for free as part of a "test" period. It is NOT okay for the client to do a part of the job for free as a "test."

If the client wants me to work on the project, the client will click a green "Hire" button on their end, which will send me a message that I have an offer. Then I will click on an "Accept" button, and a contract begins.

Once the contract begins, I do the work that has been agreed upon. And I get paid for the work.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Bekzod Q wrote:

As you have probably noticed, clients get tons of proposals, and you should not stress yourself out over it, if the client wants to hire you, he will get in touch, it's really easy to do.

Meanwhile, maybe revamp your profile a bit, you really need a portfolio to showcase your skills, and maybe some more professional language. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths