🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I created an agency which is not showing ...
Page options
blue-phoenix
Community Member

Agency Profile Not Showing Up In Results (on any page)

My agency profile is not showing up when searching the key phrase "hubspot developer". 

This is the agency profile title: "HubSpot Developer | Web Design | WordPress | SEO | Inbound (HubSpot Agency Partner)"

There are only two pages of the results.  I am searching from an incognito window and I also tried searching from my client portal.

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/browse/?q=hubspot%20developer&pt=agency&user_pref=2

I can understand not showing up on the first page, but why am I not seeing anything at all?  

~Joshua

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Joshua,

I checked and see that you still don't have the agency set up as you default team. 

Here is how that setting would look on your end:

Screenshot_6.pngScreenshot_7.png

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
blue-phoenix
Community Member

Additionally, I am not finding the agency on any of the 15-16 pages for this key phrase: "wordpress web designer"

I searched this on both incognito and my logged in account.  Nothing.

How do I fix this?

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Joshua,

I'm currently checking on this with the team. In general, agencies should appear in search if their member's profile information matched the search. Could you please either make yourself an exclusive member of your agency or select the agency as your Default Team under Settings> My Teams?

~ Valeria
Upwork

It seems that teams weren't turned on in the panel.  I made that switch.

Even so, I just checked and I am not seeing it in the results. 

Joshua,

I checked and see that you still don't have the agency set up as you default team. 

Here is how that setting would look on your end:

Screenshot_6.pngScreenshot_7.png

~ Valeria
Upwork

If I activate this, does it mean that my personal profile will not be included in search results?

I just made the change and I am still not seeing results for "hubspot developer" or "hubspot development". 

Is there anything else that I could be missing?

Thanks in advance!

So, it seemst to have updated and I am seeing the switch in the UpWork SERPs, but it is showing my agency primarily and a tiny image of me beneath that. 

This puts me at a serious disadvantage, as people want to do business with people and my logo is where my face should be. 

Is there any way to switch that?  ...so I show up in the SERPs and the agency is listed beneath me?

Joshua,

Thanks for sharing your feedback and suggestion. This is currently working as designed. The search tile will either show the freelancer separately (if the freelancer is non-exclusive and the agency isn't a default team) or the agency with a relevant freelancer information underneath. Note that a client can't hire an agency in general, they are able to hire a specific agency freelancer through the agency. Check out these help articles for more information about Upwork agencies.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks Valeria!

Valeria,

I just checked my agency setting and default team is selected but still my agency is not showing in search.

May you please check my agency setting?

Thanks!

Hi Muhammad,

I checked and it looks like you're still a non-exclusive member of your agency and there is no default team selected. To select a default team, please go to your freelancer account Settings> My Teams and then Set Default Team.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Any word on the order of agency/profile in SERPs?  Thanks 🙂

sounoshb
Community Member

I created an agency which is not showing up in Upwork search. How much time it would take it appears in search?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please refer to Valeria's instructions shared on this thread in order to adjust your Agency visibility in search results?

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths