🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Agreeing a Contract
Page options
kathwilson
Community Member

Agreeing a Contract

Hi 

Both myself and a client are new to Upwork. We agreed a verbal contract to work together, however, I haven't seen any form of official contract and I don't want to start working till I can see it.

How do we set up a fixed job rate contract? Can I set one up from my end or does the client do it? If the client does it can you link me a page that shows how. (The only pages I have found in searching this topic have related to setting up contracts with people outside of Upwork.)

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kath,

You don't have the ability to set up a contract for you and your client. Your client will only need to send you an offer, and once you've accepted the offer an official contract will be formed. You can share this guide with your client on how they can hire you.

~ Goran
Upwork
671acf1a
Community Member

You cannot add any other or verbal contract on Upwork. Your client has to post a requirement and you have to send the proposal to the requirement. Later your client should accept the proposal, then the legal contract will be generated between you both on upwork.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths