Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All About the Job Success %

helloholly_d
Ace Contributor
Holly D Member Since: Sep 22, 2016
1 of 3

I've been chasing after that 100% ever since I saw it and it seems like a lot of clients look for that too. 

However, I noticed a few other things factor in besides "contracts ending with a great client experience." 

Such as:

• Since the working person's scores/reviews get sent to the client before they put their's in - sometimes they just copy what you did. 
  • Leaving "paused" contracts in your queue can also negatively affect your rating. 

Anyone else know of other things that affect the rating? 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

Hi Holly,

Upwork feedback system is double-blind, which means that the other party can't see your feedback until they leave their own.

Paused status of a contract doesn't affect the Job Success Score. What might affect it is if a contract (paused or active) is left without any activity for a prolonged period of time. That's why we advise users to communicate with their clients when delivering the final product and work with them on closing the contract if further work is not expected in the near future. In case a client doesn't follow up and closes the inactive contract, the freelancer can close it themselves.

You can find more information regarding the factors that are included in the JSS calculation in this Help article

Untitled

View solution in original post

helloholly_d
Ace Contributor
Holly D Member Since: Sep 22, 2016
3 of 3
Thanks a ton, Vladimir! That clears a lot of things up for me.