Hello everyone. i am new on upwork. Can anyone please guide me regarding the following:
1. How can i find out about a client's budget when submitting a proposal for an HOURLY job? so far i have attempted only fixed-price jobs so doesn't know much about hourly jobs.
2. Can i see the bid range while applying for an hourly job as we usually do on fixed price jobs?
3. How will i know that the client has assigned my an hourly job? kindly elaborate in detail.
4. how do i bill a client on hourly job?
Kindly guide me through. i will be really grateful.
Solved! Go to Solution.
these are the answers regarding your question:
1. For hourly job there is no fixed budget. Suppose your hourly rate $10. If client accept your proposal & assigned you a contract, then $10 is client budget per hour.
2. Unless you are a pro member, you won't able to see bid range.
3. If client accept your proposal, they will ask you for an interview. If client thinks you are the most suitable person for that kind of job, they will assign you a contract.
4. For hourly contract, client will billed at the end of the week. That means monday. Always use upwork app for hourly contract.
I hope this will help.
Md Ashraful Hoque
AoA.Thank you so much for your guidance. highly appreciated. Now i came across this hourly job posting a cuple od days back and sent a proposal. the client started an interview and shared the brief. on asking one of the questions, the client just disappeared. i waited and waited. last night afetr a lapse of almost 24 hours he popped up from nowhere and told me that he wants the job done asap.
i am really cofused about this attitude and conversation. WHAT ARE THE CLEAR SIGNS THAT HE HAS ASSIGNED ME THE JOB? is the interview a sign? has he assigned me the job or just playing around?
Ask your client to assigned you a contract. Do not start working untill client assigned you a contract & also check if your client's payment method is not verified.
Ok. Got it. The client's payment method is verified. he seems reasonable from the reviews (although there are only three). the job is still open. there are four interviews going on and he wants me to finish the job asap without assigning a contract first. that's strange.
anyways, i am thanful to all of you for helping me out and guiding me. Now can you do me one more favour. i request you all to take a look at my profile and tell me about the positives and negatives and how can i improve on the grey areas. Warm regards
With due respect no one can help you in this matter except you. Because of I have absolutely no idea what you can do or can't! In the skill section, set what you can do. In the overview section briefly explain those skills & in the portfolio section add some of your previous work which supports your added skills.
Bid range - High $100.00 | Avg $65.54 | Low $15.00
Reference to the same hourly job, kindly check out the bid range i have just noticed on the job posting.
if the job is hourly, then what does this range mean? 100 dollars mean what? how is this amount calculated if the job is hourly?
In addition to the information Md Ashraful provided, please read these Help articles (here, here and here) in order to learn how to use the Upwork Desktop app, Upwork Hourly Payment Protection and get paid on Hourly jobs. Please also review the information shared in this thread in order to familiarize yourself with Upwork.