cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I in wrong turn?

Highlighted
Iqbal H Member Since: Jul 4, 2017
1 of 8

I have opened an account based on internet research, data entry and I am excellent in all these skill sets. I have adorned my profile well but I don't know what's wrong with it. I am applying and applying but no response. Got response from some scammer. Could you guys give me tips to get the job?   

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
BEST ANSWER
2 of 8

It's just a very competitive area. There are more than 600,000 freelancers offering data entry services on Upwork, so it is very hard for a newcomer to get a foothold in that area. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 8

@tlsanders wrote:

It's just a very competitive area. There are more than 600,000 freelancers offering data entry services on Upwork, so it is very hard for a newcomer to get a foothold in that area. 

Which is why I thought most new data entry profiles were being rejected with "marketplace does not have opportunities..."  given as the reason but perhaps Upwork doesn't do that anymore.

Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
4 of 8

If I were you, I would try to rewrite my profile, highlighting research skills over data entry, which is flooded with freelancers.

Highlighted
5 of 8

Thank you very much. I have changed a bit of my profile. Let's see what happen.

Highlighted
zohair k Member Since: Jul 5, 2017
6 of 8

Hi .I need your help . As i am new to upwork and we have started to bid different project and we have been rewarded and we started working on them and after like 30 days when we asked for the payment to release the upwork said you need to wait for 60 days for the first payment or we will conduct your interview and transfer your profile to premium and you will get the money instantly after converting you profile . We said ok let have an interview and after interview we have been selected for premium profile and upwork said to us to wait for 3 to 5 days and your profile will be converted and you will get paid .

After 8 or 9 days we are still standing on the same place like now as per our partner our profile is blocked and we need to wait for some more days to get the ID resumed. Is this possible ? Do upwork block IDs while converting to premium profile ? We have our account with company name so is there any issue that upwork will not send us the money on that ? Do upwork need the account of the profile holder only ?

We are stuck nowhere and our payment is also stuck from last 45 plus days and we need your kind help as we are having a team of 16 agents and we need to pay them.

Please suggest us the way out and do you think that someone is misleading us ? Our partner or Upwork ?

Thanks & Regards

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 8

Hi Zohair,

Can you please pm me the details of your other Upwork account so I can take a look at the issue you're having, since the one you're posting from is not related to the case you shared and has been inactive for quite some time.

Highlighted
8 of 8

OMG! I was thinking it will be easy for me to get job on these areas. Well, I just change a bit of my profile and keep trying. Thanks for your reply.