🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Am I missing anything?
Page options
richardaldred
Community Member

Am I missing anything?

Hi,

I'm new here on Upwork although I have been with another freelancing platform for a number of years.

I've noticed a few differences on Upwork and I just wondered if anyone else had the same experience?

• When I send a proposal for a job, the client's name is never visible, so I end up just addressing my proposal simply as 'Hi' or 'Hi there' – am I missing something or is the client's name always withheld?

• Is there a notification system that lets you know that a potential client has actually received your proposal? Just an automated acknowledement of receipt would be useful.

• Is it possible to set a notification so that if the job is awarded to another freelancer, you are notified and can then archive that particular job proposal?

Any comments would be appreciated!

Richard

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Richard,

1. By design, the client name will be visible to you once they have accepted your proposals and a message room is created. 

2. Your proposals are sent automatically and clients are able to review them. However, we do not have a notification or a confirmation of receipt.

3. At the moment, we don't have this option.

However, thank you for your feedback I will share it with our team. 

~ Goran
Upwork
colettelewis
Community Member

Richard A wrote:

Hi,

I'm new here on Upwork although I have been with another freelancing platform for a number of years.

I've noticed a few differences on Upwork and I just wondered if anyone else had the same experience?

• When I send a proposal for a job, the client's name is never visible, so I end up just addressing my proposal simply as 'Hi' or 'Hi there' – am I missing something or is the client's name always withheld?

• Is there a notification system that lets you know that a potential client has actually received your proposal? Just an automated acknowledement of receipt would be useful.

• Is it possible to set a notification so that if the job is awarded to another freelancer, you are notified and can then archive that particular job proposal?

Any comments would be appreciated!

Richard

The subject has recently been under discussion - but it seems to have been shelved, or perhaps Upwork is cogitating. 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/How-would-client-profile-details-help-you/td-p/928138

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths