🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Am I missing something? How to send final fil...
Page options
9128b527
Community Member

Am I missing something? How to send final files to client?

Hello,

Just completing my first hourly contract on Upwork after joining a few days ago... how do I send the final files to the client?

Do I just share in the messages window? How do I mark as complete?

Thanks, James

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If it's hourly, you don't get a button. Just send the project as an attachment (if you're working on a file) or let the client know that you're done.

If it's fixed rate, it's tied to the payment process for fixed-rate contracts. Once you submit the work, the client has 14 days to review it and release the funds if they're happy with the project.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
luqman_mak
Community Member

You can drop them into the messaging tab or submit them through your 'my jobs' page by clicking the submit work for payment button.
I usually do both~

Thanks Luqman - however, I don't have a "submit work for payment" button - is this only applicable on fixed-price contracts? (This is for an hourly rate contract)

If it's hourly, you don't get a button. Just send the project as an attachment (if you're working on a file) or let the client know that you're done.

If it's fixed rate, it's tied to the payment process for fixed-rate contracts. Once you submit the work, the client has 14 days to review it and release the funds if they're happy with the project.

Thanks Renata, I don't want to labour the point, but to submit the work I literally just attach it in the message section?

I was just updating that in the first post. If you're sending the client a file, just attach it in the message area.

renata101
Community Member

James, do you have a contract? I'm looking at profile page and there's no sign of a contract.

At the top of the page, there's a tab that says "My Jobs." If you click on that, it will show you all of your active contracts.  You should see the job you're doing listed there. If you don't see anything, there might be a problem.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths