cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I missing something to reach the "Rising Talent" status?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Dario L Member Since: Jan 24, 2017
1 of 8

Hello there,

As long as I know the requirements to be eligible for the "Rising Talent" program are:

So... In my opinion I meet all of them but I didn't receive any mail or notice from UpWork.

That's why I ask : Do I forget something?

Thank you in advance. Dario.

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 8

Dario, you're off to a good start at Upwork, but Rising Start selection also depends on factors not so easy to control. In this article, https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Become-a-Rising-Talent?flash_digest=81134f5f0...

it says, "we look at a variety of factors when determining whether to award Rising Talent status. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile upon submission, including prior experience and skills and your educational background, as well as the opportunities available in the market".

If I were you I wouldn't worry about it, If you get it, great, but if you don't get it, keep working for a good Job Success score and eventual Top Rated badge.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Dario L Member Since: Jan 24, 2017
3 of 8

I read the article you mentioned carefully and I concluded that, effectively, I should go ahead to reach the 'Top Rated' status leaving aside this matter. If somehow I obtain it, well, it mean more connects and visibility but in the long term it doesn't really matter. I'll do my best at my contracts anyway.

Thank you John.

· Dario

Highlighted
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
4 of 8

I think it's an algorithm thing. I just seen two profiles that were listed on a post in the client section that had rising talent badges and one has a plagerized overview and both had stolen portfolio items. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Highlighted
Community Guru
Carlos L Member Since: Apr 24, 2016
5 of 8

Fairness is giving.... What do mean it phrase?  is it about discrimination?  Dear.

Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 8

Coach Wooden was a very famous basketball coach for UCLA.  I did a big project for a client a while back which took all of his interviews and his Pyramid of Success and they made a wonderful learning course.

He is the winningest basketball coach in UCLA history in his time. He was a no nonsense man.  So interesting.  One thing his players knew was to not use the phrase "That's not fair."  For example, if his players didn't come to the plane or the bus to go to a game clean shaven or in a suit, they didn't get on the plane or the bus. They stayed home. It didn't matter if they were the best player on the team.  

If they started being a "ball hog", they were benched for the rest of the game. It was his way or the highway and he didn't care how good you were. He was so respected that he didn't travel to recruit players, they came to him. 

I was raised that life isn't fair and I raise my children that life isn't fair. No matter what is done to you or what you didn't get, or what you don't have, there is always someone else that has it worse than you do.   

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Highlighted
Community Guru
7 of 8

Just to add one of my other favorite quotes. "I've never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bow without ever having felt sorry for itself."  D.H. Lawrence. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Carlos L Member Since: Apr 24, 2016
8 of 8

I like it now, but I don`t know, maybe I am a nonsensical thing just had ciriosity, thank for the story, dear.