🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Amino Jobs - Scam
Page options
rjjuarez
Community Member

Amino Jobs - Scam

I applied for a "Simple Typing Job" work (they are clients that has no payment verified badge) they directed me to telegram for a certain **Edited for Community Guidelines** that will assign me the job. Basically he introduced me to their company saying they serves as a bridge between freelancer and clients. We connect freelancer and clients to work. To make cut the story short I accepted the job it is a simple image pdf file to be manually typed in word document and send them back a PDF file of the completed project. That certain **Edited for Community Guidelines**  said that I will email the file to **Edited for Community Guidelines** , after a few seconds I received a response that my project was approved and will contact the director for the payment. That **Edited for Community Guidelines**  directed me to contact **Edited for Community Guidelines**  the company payment manager via whatsapp. I did contact **Edited for Community Guidelines**  and he instructed me to open an account in Nbfinas.com for the payment but the website will not activate my account if I make a deposit of $100 I informed**Edited for Community Guidelines** but he insisted for the $100 deposit for me to get paid. Ofcourse I worked to get paid why would I pay them $100 at the first place, I insisted for paypal or other payment platforms but they did not consider that one. The bottomline is I scammed! This post is for the awareness of the admins here in upwork and freelancers like me. Don't get scammed!

8 REPLIES 8
sofia2008
Community Member

Ricky Jones J wrote:

1. I applied for a "Simple Typing Job" work (they are clients that has no payment verified badge) they directed me to telegram

2. I accepted the job it is a simple image pdf file to be manually typed in word document and send them back a PDF file of the completed project.  

3. will not activate my account if I make a deposit of $100 I insisted for paypal or other payment platforms but they did not consider that one.

4. The bottomline is I scammed! 

Before applying to other jobs, I recommend you learn about how the platform works to comply to Upwork's Terms of Service, stay safe, and not have your account suspended.

1. Never communicate outside of Upwork before a contract is in place. It is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service

2. You were not hired for that job (you did not receive an offer on Upwork). Never start working before a contract is in place on Upwork.

3. You are not allowed to pay/receive money outside of Upwork. It is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

4. Bottom line is many rules were broken and scammers just love it. Follow the rules and you will be protected from most common scams.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

This is not a real bank. Their links don't work, the texts are full of mistakes that no real company would allow on their website. 

It is commendable that you are trying to warn other people, but while you are doing it, you seem to be completely unaware that you are self-reporting a number of very serious transgressions that you committed. Things so serious you might lose your profile. 

The tricky thing - you can't get scammed or almost scammed without violating the ToS yourself. 

pgiambalvo
Community Member

Thank you for reporting it here.

646c1bda
Community Member

god i almost got scam... 

simple typing jobs from amino and then same thing happens to me..  thanks for this review i did no go to deposit  100$

168aaf32
Community Member

GOD, THEY SCAMMED ME REAL HARD! I HAVE ALMOST PAID THEM 400$, BUT I GAVE THEM ONLY 100$. THEY MAKING REAL MONEY DOING SCAMS I THINK. FOR ALL THE FREELANCERS THAT WORKS ON UPWORK DO NOT WORK JOBS THAT SAND YOU ON TELEGRAM OR ANY OTHER APPLICATION THAT IS NOT LEGIT. THEY USE TELEGRAM BECAUSE IT IS EASIER TO MANIPULATE WITH THE SENSITIVE INFORMATION BY DOING SUSPICIOUS WORKS. I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE I SET, IT WAS MY FIRST PROJECT.
XOXO. :c

Why didn't you know that you are not allowed to use Telegram until after a contract is in place?

f23206bd
Community Member

The same happened to me and it was so annoying because I had committed a lot of time to do the work 

The best strategy for new freelancers is to commit a lot of time to learn how the platform works before jumping into sending proposals without knowing how to get paid, when they'll get paid, etc...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths