🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: An Upwork User is Impersonating Me
Page options
pulsestorm
Community Member

An Upwork User is Impersonating Me

Hello Upwork community -- I'm a known personality in a niche open source software community.  Today I discovered there's user impersonating me on Upwork using my LinkedIn and Stack Overflow profiles  I discovered this because this person landed some work, but then ghosted their customer. I'd like to put an end to this but I'm not sure who to contact.  Does anyone know who I should be talking to?  (not posting details here out of an abundance of caution w/r/t to privacy, etc.)

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Alan,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have escalated your report to the team and can confirm the account you're referring to has been actioned against as per our processes.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mtngigi
Community Member

I've flagged your post to get the attention of a mod. Hopefully one will be along soon to help you out.

Thank you Virgina -- whether it was posting here or reaching out to the upwork twitter account, the bogus account was handled swiftly.  I'm grateful there appears to be a process for this.

AndreaG

Hi Alan,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have escalated your report to the team and can confirm the account you're referring to has been actioned against as per our processes.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths