🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Android Mobile App - No Mic Permission shown?...
Page options
kkengineering
Community Member

Android Mobile App - No Mic Permission shown??

Hello all. This afternoon I attempted my first discussion with a client via voice chat from the mobile app and it prompted me to allow micrphone / camera access, but in the normal Android app permissions section where this is normally controlled, there are no mic or camera permissions for Upwork app, only "storage".

I am on Android 9, running Upwork app version 1.0.6, which I just downloaded from Google store.

The Upwork app seems to only advertise "Storage" under "App permiossions". On my other apps, like google voice, there is a "Microphone" and "Camera" listed with others that can be toggled.

But there are none listed, so I cannot have a voice/video call with a client.

I have attempted uninstalling and re-installing the app and the same thing happens. Please help.

Thank you. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Kevin,

The Upwork App support calls only on the web interface and desktop app. Mobile web and app are not supported at this time. You can check the features supported by the Mobile App on this help article. For more information about video and voice messaging, please check out this help article. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Kevin,

The Upwork App support calls only on the web interface and desktop app. Mobile web and app are not supported at this time. You can check the features supported by the Mobile App on this help article. For more information about video and voice messaging, please check out this help article. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths