🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Any advice or help to improve my profile
Page options
egreta
Community Member

Any advice or help to improve my profile

Hi Everyone,

I am also a new member here. Is is almost a month I try to apply for several projects by submitting proposals, but not received any job yet.

*What can I do to promote my profile? *How can I get my first order? 

HOw is possible that nobody has contacted me still??

Please any advice! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
deskin-hans
Community Member

I would make sure your profile is 100% complete. Also if you're starting out I would try applying to as many jobs as possible (at least 50) and charge a pretty low rate to start out. This is what I did when I first started out, I charged as low a rate as possible. Once you get a few clients and they leave good reviews then you can raise your rate back up and you'll get a lot of responses.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
deskin-hans
Community Member

I would make sure your profile is 100% complete. Also if you're starting out I would try applying to as many jobs as possible (at least 50) and charge a pretty low rate to start out. This is what I did when I first started out, I charged as low a rate as possible. Once you get a few clients and they leave good reviews then you can raise your rate back up and you'll get a lot of responses.

Thank you very much for the reply Hans.

I uploaded as many works as possible, and I applied to many jobs. But Upwork gives you only 60 connections, than you'll have to pay to get new connections. For the moment I haven't earned money, so I don't really know if this would be the right thing to do. 

I'll try to charge a lower rate. 

I can definitely relate, their whole connections system is very annoying. I think it's definitely worth it to try buying connects. Since they are relatively cheap and all it takes is one job for it to pay itself back. Totally up to you though!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths