🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Any tips for newbies in Upwork to grow and ge...
Page options
baigfaateh
Community Member

Any tips for newbies in Upwork to grow and get proposals?

I am new to Upwork and have been applying for jobs, however, unable to get offers/proposals. Any tips for newbies??? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
65dab6ce
Community Member

Hi Fateh,

Getting your first job can be dauting but don't give up.

I'd suggest you pare down the content of your profile desription to focus on the core skills and services you offer. You could also use bullet points to list your services that way it's easy to scan at a glance.

Also, to be taken seriously and attract good clients, I'd also suggest you increase your hourly rate. You can check out other freelancers in your category for rate ideas.

All the best!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi S M Fateh,

We can't influence a client's decision in hiring a freelancer for their project, but you might want to consider checking the following links to help you improve your profile:

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture

Get Your Profile to the Next Level with an Intro Video

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Portfolio Regardless of Your Skill Set

Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
65dab6ce
Community Member

Hi Fateh,

Getting your first job can be dauting but don't give up.

I'd suggest you pare down the content of your profile desription to focus on the core skills and services you offer. You could also use bullet points to list your services that way it's easy to scan at a glance.

Also, to be taken seriously and attract good clients, I'd also suggest you increase your hourly rate. You can check out other freelancers in your category for rate ideas.

All the best!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths