Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Application from Puerto Rico

Active Member
winicfernandez Member Since: Jun 23, 2018
11 of 18
Hello Virginia,

I am a bit surprised by the subtle hostility in these few replies. As you could imply by my original question, my profile is NOT complete (you could also check the date, signed up just a few hours ago). Right when I noticed that Puerto Rico was not among the options, I picked any choice and came to ask for help. If you read the comments above before going to my profile, the 8 hours ahead will be easily explained by the fact that I just finished my studies in France and I am still here, but leaving very soon.

Must I show my plane tickets? Or should I show my passport and proof of address so that I can get answers to the question I asked?
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
12 of 18

My question was directed at the forum mod, not you.

 

 


@Winic P F wrote:
Hello Virginia,

I am a bit surprised by the subtle hostility in these few replies. As you could imply by my original question, my profile is NOT complete (you could also check the date, signed up just a few hours ago). Right when I noticed that Puerto Rico was not among the options, I picked any choice and came to ask for help. If you read the comments above before going to my profile, the 8 hours ahead will be easily explained by the fact that I just finished my studies in France and I am still here, but leaving very soon.

Must I show my plane tickets? Or should I show my passport and proof of address so that I can get answers to the question I asked?

 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 18

Right when I noticed that Puerto Rico was not among the options, I picked any choice and came to ask for help. If you read the comments above before going to my profile, the 8 hours ahead will be easily explained by the fact that I just finished my studies in France and I am still here.

 The questions were asked because your profile is supposed to reflect your current location truthfully.

We understand why you did what you did (as you knew no better.)

 

What we do not understand is why someone within Upwork changed your country from one you are not located in to another one you clearly are not located in (at this moment in time) either and how this kind of thing makes a complete mockery of the whole location verification thing, unless, as far as Upwork are concerned, they could not care less unless it involves the USA...

 

Active Member
winicfernandez Member Since: Jun 23, 2018
14 of 18
Understood, I also just received an email from Upwork because of location discrepancies, do not know if I was reported or something along that line.

Would you recommend I wait until I am physically in Puerto Rico to finish my profile? If I was being dishonest the last thing I would do would be asking about the location issue in this forum.
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
15 of 18

@winicfernandez wrote:

Would you recommend I wait until I am physically in Puerto Rico to finish my profile? If I was being dishonest the last thing I would do would be asking about the location issue in this forum.

Personally I'd put France now and then change it to Puerto Rico once you have arrived back home, that's the safest and most correct way to go about it Smiley Happy

 

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
16 of 18

winicfernandez wrote:
Understood, I also just received an email from Upwork because of location discrepancies, do not know if I was reported or something along that line.

Would you recommend I wait until I am physically in Puerto Rico to finish my profile? If I was being dishonest the last thing I would do would be asking about the location issue in this forum.

Nobody reported you, it is one of the checks upwork has in place. The amount of fraud on the platform is an epidemic at this point, so anybody lying about location (not you) or any other thing on their profile are zapped real quick. 

Active Member
Ana V Member Since: Aug 12, 2019
17 of 18

Hello! I am having the same problem. How should I proceed? thank you!

Moderator
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
18 of 18

Hi Ana,

 

Could you please confirm if you're located in Puerto Rico and would like to continue completing your profile with Puerto Rico as your location?

 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS