🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Applying for a job that needs some job sc...
Page options
efoghor
Community Member

Applying for a job that needs some job scores

I am trying to bid on certain jobs I know very well I can handle. But as a new comer here, there seems to be a great barrier because each time i want to apply for new jobs, I see that they require job score of at least 90%. Since I haven't executed any jobs yet but I know those are jobs I can perfectly handle, what should I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
renatoss
Community Member

If you know you can do them, just apply for the jobs. Those things you see there are just some preferred qualifications, but that doesn't mean he/she will not see you, hire you, if they like what they see in your proposal/portfolio.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
renatoss
Community Member

If you know you can do them, just apply for the jobs. Those things you see there are just some preferred qualifications, but that doesn't mean he/she will not see you, hire you, if they like what they see in your proposal/portfolio.

efoghor
Community Member

Thanks a million. Since there are so many rules here, I needed to be sure it wasn't violating any. Now that I am sure it isn't bad, I can go ahead to bid on projects I am qualified for. Do have a wonderful day.

sketch2brand
Community Member

When I was starting I just applied for those jobs anyway and lots of small/easy jobs too. This helps you build a reputation and feedback and then seems to be easier to get more work and so on...

Hope this helps
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths