cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Are clients supposed to send invite for interview first before they contact the applicant?

Andrea P Member Since: Jun 3, 2017
1 of 7

Hi.. I am new here as a freelancer. been sending proposals and I got a message this morning from one of the clients telling me that I should just not send him a proposal but I also need to be online on skype and asking me where I am. He never sent me invitation for an interview so I wasn't expecting anyone to call me. And he even tried contacting me at 1:30AM. So when I read his message this morning, I apologized to him but he replied that I am now rejected. I was planning to withdraw my proposal this morning since I found his 1st message really arrogant. Then he sent me rude messages like I'm a **Edited for Community Guidelines**. 

Community Guru
Valentina D Member Since: Aug 27, 2016
BEST ANSWER
2 of 7

Hi Andrea,

Report them immediately. It is great that you did not get the job - believe me, you don't want to have anything with such people, especially because you are new - a single bad feedback would completely ruin your prospects on Upwork. Keep looking and applying to jobs; there are amazing clients out there, and it is never too soon to start choosing whom you work with.

3 of 7

Hi Valentina. Thanks for reponding. I know. That's why I immediately withdrew my proposal. he was so unprofessional. I was trying hard to keep calm when I responded to him. I just thanked him for his time although he was being so rude. He even told me that he was a big catch for me.. Well I guess not. And you're right. I will just move forward and keep looking for jobs with great clients. Thanks! 

Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
4 of 7

@Andrea P wrote:

Hi Valentina. Thanks for reponding. I know. That's why I immediately withdrew my proposal. he was so unprofessional. I was trying hard to keep calm when I responded to him. I just thanked him for his time although he was being so rude. He even told me that he was a big catch for me.. Well I guess not. And you're right. I will just move forward and keep looking for jobs with great clients. Thanks! 

It, probably, is true that he's a big catch, Andrea.  I remember one client of mine who appeared "arrogant" at first but he offered me a contract and engaged me on two projects which were delightfully fun as I was made to exercise, meditate and read lots of online books.  And he raised my rate, too!  

He, probably, found your profile overview quite strong that it appealed to him right away. I think that would be a compliment on your part.

5 of 7

Hi Juvy Anne. you may be right. He may be a big catch. I just couldn't believe that someone can be that rude. I dont think I can work with someone who calls me a piece of S___, could you? I am new in this kind of work and I'm sure there are lot of things and challenges that are coming my way and this is just part of it. 

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 7

Hi Andrea,

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience with this client. Please take screenshots of your clients request and offensive messages, and send them to me in a private message. I'll have our team review and take action against the client.

Please review our safety tips and freelancer resources in order to successfully and safely use our platform.

7 of 7

Thank you Vladimir. I just found out how to send a ticket using the app on my mobile phone. I will also send you the screenshot. Thank you

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS