cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Are messages in this forum moderated?

Highlighted
Nickolai L Member Since: Jun 18, 2017
1 of 4

I'm pretty sure I have posted 4 messages on Upwork Community so far*, but I can see only 2 of them in threads and 'Nickolai L's posts' page in my profile, though it says 'Total Messages Posted 4'* on my profile page.

Are the missing posts in pre-moderation limbo, deleted by the moderator or something else? 

* Now it should be 5.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 4

He, messages here are definitely moderated. Especially for newcomers.

It it is possible for messages to be hidden until approved by a moderator.

Posts from experienced forum participants are seen immediately.

It is possible for a post to be deleted permanently by an automated filter or a human moderator.

Highlighted
Nickolai L Member Since: Jun 18, 2017
3 of 4
It is possible for a post to be deleted permanently by an automated filter or a human moderator.

Wow, that's mean. I took my time to compose a reply to a post (and didn't save it locally, as I often do), and now it's gone without notice. Probably because I inserted a link to it (to my own oDesk profile, no less)

Still, good to know; thanks.
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
4 of 4

Hi Nikolai L,

We have an automated spam blocker that tends to be a little sensitive sometimes. i see some of your posts are there. I will release them.

Side note, please refrain from posting your cover letter on your posts. We don't allow for freelancers to use the forum to advertise themselves, that is probably why your posts were auto hidden for spam detection.

Untitled