🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Are the Upwork calls on the message platf...
Page options
lonataylor
Community Member

Are the Upwork calls on the message platform recorded for documentation?

i am in an interview process to decide if the job and client ar a fit for my skills. the client and I have been discussing the project on the message platform sending digital files with pictures etc.so everything is docutmented following Upwork guidelines..
the Client and I need to talk on voice.. Is it within terms to give out my number for connecting in this way? or should i suggest to the client to use the phone message system on upwork. I dont mind giving my number out for duscussing the project and job skills.. we are not negotiating payments, we are discussing the porject requirements and detail of a design project.
Are the upwork messagingcsystem calls recorded for documentation?
Is it okay to give out my number for discussing a project wit hthe client?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tta192
Community Member

Voice calls are not recorded, and you should never record them by yourself without notifying the other party that you are doing so.

You and your client are free to discuss the project by using whatever means you like, but it is wise to document the conclusions in writing over the messaging system, and have both you and the client confirm them.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tta192
Community Member

Voice calls are not recorded, and you should never record them by yourself without notifying the other party that you are doing so.

You and your client are free to discuss the project by using whatever means you like, but it is wise to document the conclusions in writing over the messaging system, and have both you and the client confirm them.

yitwail
Community Member

Lona, it’s permitted to give your phone number to a client through Upwork messaging or even in a job proposal but whether it’s wise to give out your phone number to a stranger who might not hire you anyway is a different question. I do not know if Upwork voice calls are recorded but I doubt it.

thank you so much for your insightsand knowledge.. i feel more confident now in what the process is..

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths