🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Are the requirements "Job Success Score: At l...
Page options
belenponce07
Community Member

Are the requirements "Job Success Score: At least 90%-Include Rising Talent: Yes" totally exclusive?

Hi! I've submitted some proposals and in the requirement section I saw this: 

Job Success Score: At least 90% 

Include Rising Talent: Yes

Are these requirement exclusive? I did not get any response from those clients. My problem is that I still have no projects (therefore, no success score) and all of the projects I'm interested in have this requirements. What should I do? Is there a section where I can find jobs which don't have those requirements? Will I be rejected for sure If I keep trying?

Thank you very much. I look forward for an answer.

3 REPLIES 3
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Maria, those are suggestions, not requirements.  Make sure your profile and proposals highlight your experience and expertise in your field and success will come.  Remember, no one has Rising Talent or a JSS when they begin this journey.

Also - the client first sees the first two or three lines of your profile and also your profile.  Don't waste that by introducing yourself as they probably won't read farther than that.  Make those first lines about your experience and skills.

jojomo
Community Member

Maria,

It's not easy when you are starting out on this platform. Alot of newbies get discouraged when they don't get any responses from clients.

In order to get your "foot in the door" so-to-speak, I recommend you start small and apply to small, quick projects that'll give you the feedback/rating and JSS you are looking for. Let them know you are available right away and that you can do the job within X time. 

Good luck!

SJust to clarify, small doesn't mean cheap.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths