🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Are there any flaws in this proposal?
Page options
infusen
Community Member

Are there any flaws in this proposal?

I usually send these types of proposals to clients, but I can never actually get jobs from them. Am I doing something wrong?

P.S. the style of proposals I use are linked to this post.

5 REPLIES 5
charbelmhanna
Community Member

I have the same problem. I do hope that some are not faked by Upwork so you use the points.

Never get any type of offers or any sign from anyone. I am a senior developer with many years of experience.

Worth a try
mohsin-bhatti
Community Member

Bro, how many proposals you are sending on average and do you have a competitive price?

I first started working on this site when it was just Odesk never got lucky with the proposals then left it for a long time then came back after 4-5 years and started bidding, again no luck left it for some more time then came back after 2-3 years got 2 jobs but small ones got depressed left it again. after 2 years one of my friends pushed me a lot for bidding on proposals so I started, after 90 proposals I got my first job now I get interviewed after every 5-10 proposals. 

I saw your screenshot of cover letter it is okay, if you can put some energy in it, it would look really cool. 
Best of luck for the future. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Wasay S wrote:

I usually send these types of proposals to clients, but I can never actually get jobs from them. Am I doing something wrong?

P.S. the style of proposals I use are linked to this post.

"This project actually seems interesting" is quite unfortunate wording, but otherwise I can't see anything wrong with your proposal, and this sentence alone will not deter clients too much, especially if they are not English native speakers. But you do have a lot of competition, so the only thing you can do is try until you succeed. 

filip_knezevic
Community Member

Your proposal is fine.

Freelancing requires some luck and a lot of patience, along with skills, good profiles and good proposals.

Also, as Martina said, it would kind of looked better if you said something like "I think I would be a good fit as I have extensively worked bla bla bla and that's why I'm very interested in your project bla bla bla."

The way you put it is that you were suprised the client actually has an interesting project, implying the job poster is a boring individual and has boring projects :).

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths