🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Are these clients even ligitimate?
Page options
laxmi365
Community Member

Are these clients even ligitimate?

recently i had a client for data entry and i responded and here they come doing whatsapp meaages to me and sending a intial check to buty software and the email didn't come from the company email but from gmail which is suspicious and upon questionining and telling them i cannot work for them since its not from legitimate source  they tell me i will get arrested in 24hrs just like how we get fraud calls. So i just wanted to check if upwork will verify the identity of these clients before allowing them to post the jobs?

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Those are scammers.

They told you that YOU will get arrested?
That is funny.

Scammers do not have the authority to arrest marks.

re: "So i just wanted to check if upwork will verify the identity of these clients before allowing them to post the jobs?"

No.

Upwork doesn't verify the identity of clients before they post jobs.

You violated Upwork TOS by communicating with these people using WhatsApp before being officially hired.

That is against Upwork TOS. If you follow that rule, you will rarely waste time talking with scammers.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Laxmi S wrote:

recently i had a client for data entry and i responded and here they come doing whatsapp meaages to me and sending a intial check to buty software and the email didn't come from the company email but from gmail which is suspicious and upon questionining and telling them i cannot work for them since its not from legitimate source  they tell me i will get arrested in 24hrs just like how we get fraud calls. So i just wanted to check if upwork will verify the identity of these clients before allowing them to post the jobs?

You need to vastly improve your profile to attract serious clients. Research your competition. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths