🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Ask me anything about Upwork
Page options
muddasar-raja
Community Member

Ask me anything about Upwork

Hi everyone!

I am creating this post to welcome all new as well as existing freelancers here on Upwork. Those who are new here I welcome you all! Please feel free to ask me as many questions and concerns you have related to upwork and I will answer them.

Looking forward to collaborate here with talent.

Best Regards

Muddasar

159 REPLIES 159
c30b24d4
Community Member

I m here for the first time I personally don't know how to use this online platform ,if you advise me regarding this matter that will b your kindness thanks

Hi Syeda,

Welcome to Upwork! It looks like you are still in process of building your profile. We’re here to help you navigate the world of online work. Let’s start with the basics here at Upwork. Below there are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Sayeda!
hope you are doing great! It will be a pleasure to help you with this. Please let me know which part of the platform you would like to start your journey with? You can ask me questions one by one and I can explain them and can also share some useful links provided by Upwork to save your time in this matter

7ce5afae
Community Member

Can you give me some advice that i need to avoid when I work in here? Thank.

Please read Terms of Service from Upwork, it will guide you completely on how to work properly by following guidelines that will ensure safe work here on Upwork

386b5447
Community Member

What do I do after my proposal is moved from submitted to active proposal? I'm in active proposal right now and have been speaking with the client. If they want to go on with me and request that I do the job, do I ask them to make an offer/contract first or do I just do the job and hope that I will get paid appropriately?

How does it work? I'm kinda new to Upwork and don't yet have much experience yet. A quick response would be nice. Thank you!

Hi Uchechukwu,

Thank you for your message. Your client will need to send an offer when they are ready to hire you for the job. Please review and accept the offer before you initiate any work on the job. I suggest you take a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I am truly sorry for late response. You need to get an offer from your client before your start working on a project, and active proposal means that client has read your proposal and you are in an interview stage with your client.

sorry bor
547d0387
Community Member

Muddasar,

I haven't been able to find work since my last project, which was completed last year. Can you help me?

Regards,

Awais

Hi Awais!
Hope you are doing great! I saw your profile and would like to suggest that please update your portfolio and also write your upwork profile description in more detail. Keep sending proposals and keep improving your profile.

fa276601
Community Member

Please suggest any improvement needed in my profile!

Hi Nahida,

Thank you for your message. Since you're fairly new to the platform, I suggest you take a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started. We also have a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

~ Arjay
Upwork
df602768
Community Member

My biggest advice is that if you don't live in a lower income country, ALWAYS have a corporate job. Also, don't put all your eggs in one basket and keep looking for additional income streams.

And why would you think this way? I'm in Italy, resigned from the HR Director position after 18 years of corporate career, and switched completely to freelancing. 

cf8d3539
Community Member

As a newbie in Upwork, what are the best ways to make a proposal that would attract my client and assure me of the job

You need to work your way around proposal by trying different techniques and the best way to send proposal is availabe on Upwork. How to send a proposal I am sure it will help you alot

9b99425e
Community Member

Hi, Please help out with how my profile looks. I am new for upwork.

Thank you.

5df36f5f
Community Member

Hello Muddasar!

You are experienced in Upwork. Tell me, can I see the rating/conversion of my Projects in my Upwork profile?

Best regards
Serhii

Hello, 

Please review my profile too.

Thank you.

Hope you are well! I have just sent you connect request on Upwork network. Looking forward

Hi Serhii!

Its a very good question and recently I have been thinking about it and wanted  to send an email to upwork support about this, currently I am not sure if this feature is available for projects.

d_didbaridze
Community Member

I need more information about upwork and full time job together. Is it forbiden by law?

What do you mean forbidden by law?

Forbidden by Law? I don't think so any law tells you not to have a regular job and freelance work. However its depends upon the organization you are working for, they might have something in their policies. You need to confirm it from your organization

5edf28a0
Community Member

Hi,
would you please tell me how can i able to ON available now option other than spending credits?

By spending Connects. 

You need to spend connects for this options.

a5cb66e7
Community Member

Hello Mussasar, could you have a look to my profile and give me some feedback please? thank You  

Hi Sabrina!

Hope you are well! I have just sent you connect request on Upwork network. Looking forward

8b6056b9
Community Member

Thanks or opening up dialouge. In your experience, how many days are new freelancers with no experience on Upwork usually looking for work before they're matched with their first client?

Hi George!

It depends upon how much time you would like to dedicate to your work, there are different categories in which different freelancers are providing services, and I belive some of them need portfolio like category of Graphic Design, Logo Design etc. However some other categories like Virtual Assistance or Software Development etc requires expertise which you can tell to your clients by giving them details as how you will develop their application/software lets say and also you can tell them that you have expertise in tools that they are using for virtual assistance.

Please feel free to ask me or share your thoughts about it as well. I really liked your question and would like to discuss this more here on the forum

Regards

12ecb22e
Community Member

hello dear I am new in Upwork can you give me feedback about my profile?

5942e417
Community Member

How to get job

Gabriel

Hi Gabriel!

I have seen your profile, and I noticed few things there.

1- Profile Description is way to short. Please try to re-write full profile description in bit more detail.

2- Your hourly rate is much much higher right from start. So this point might not be in your favor since you are starting your career here on Upwork.

3 - You need to complete your profile. Make sure to check Profile Completion % bar and upload things as it guides you to.

I hope my answer is helpful for you. All the best, happy freelancing!!

Regards

Muddasar

hello I am new on upwork I have a problem with my payment method please help me

Hi Azizulrahman,

Thank you for reaching out. Could you please tell us more about the problem that you're having with your payment method?

~ AJ
Upwork
99e0e587
Community Member

Asslam o Alaikum bro kindly hlp me how can I take orders and connects 

Hi Nabila!

Hope you are doing great! I have seen your profile, I would like to suggest that please improve your profile description a little bit and try to send proposals on relevant jobs. You can buy connects from your profile settings menu or by directly clicking on the connects balance appearing on right side of your jobs page.

pauloabe
Community Member

What one must write in their cover letter? 

How do you writte yours?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths