🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Asking a question
Page options
craftandsew75
Community Member

Asking a question

As I'm "new" to Upwork, if you want to speak to someone from support, does all messages go publically through the community, so everyone can view and discuss your concern or can you talk directly to a member of staff, without an audience as it were.

If so, where can you find that please?

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

Ruby:

You are correct in understanding that the Community Forum is public.

This is a good thing.

You definitely want to use the Community Forum as your place to ask questions.

Instead of talking to just one person who may or may not have the insight you need, you reach a large number of people.

If you don't want to have an "audience"?

Then all you need to do is use the "Subject" search box in the Community Forum and read past threads that discuss the topic you are interested in. You can do so "silently." Nobody will know. You can also read information in Upwork's Help section.

Can you talk privately with Upwork Customer Support staff?
Maybe. But it really isn't Upwork's intention that you talk to their staff privately to ask questions when you could simply look up that information or talk to people in the Community Forum.

Hi.
I think you've misunderstood me or rather my post was incorrectly worded.
Every online website that you can use, has a means to discuss your account
or help/query with an adviser or support. That information sometimes
personal, is directly between you and the providers which isn't shared
amongst other users of the site or on a forum.
For instance, if I wanted to talk to an adviser on EBay etc...I wouldn't be
talking to another seller/buyer or a community member, so my question was
how do you assess the people that work for or the actual company Upwork, if
that's a better description of what I'm asking?
Thanks.

Ruby B wrote:
Hi.
I think you've misunderstood me or rather my post was incorrectly worded.
Every online website that you can use, has a means to discuss your account
or help/query with an adviser or support. That information sometimes
personal, is directly between you and the providers which isn't shared
amongst other users of the site or on a forum.
For instance, if I wanted to talk to an adviser on EBay etc...I wouldn't be
talking to another seller/buyer or a community member, so my question was
how do you assess the people that work for or the actual company Upwork, if
that's a better description of what I'm asking?
Thanks.

Ruby,

Upwork does not offer that kind of support ... it would be impossible because of the sheer number of freelancers and problems that are most often complex. Were they to offer phone support to everyone, our fees would be even higher. It's not tenable. Yes, you can talk to a human at eBay, but the kinds of issues clients and freelancers may have do not compare to the kinds of questions eBay usually deals with.

You can ask for someone to flag your post and that will get the attention of a moderator, who should be able to help you. You can also open a support ticket. But live chat is not available across the board and to everyone at all times.

So I'll flag your post and hopefully a mod will be along soon to help you out.

8dae3513
Community Member

Hello .

Today one of my friend recieved a job offer her frist job but she doesnt have National id or passport . But she is 18+,She have Birth certificate . How can she verify her id . Can you help me with this problem? Is there any solutions for that, Can she verify her identity with the Birth Certificate? But birth certificate doesnt have any photo on that but all information are there.

I attach the Birth Certificate take a look please.
Thank you in advance

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Upwork will have to liaise directly with your friend. And you should NEVER publish someone else's birth certificate on a public forum. 

Hi Showvik,

Nichola is correct. Please do not share your friend's birth certificate as it contains confidential information that might be used negatively against her. 

Also, for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account which we hope you understand. Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer and we will be happy to help?

You can direct them to Upwork's social media profiles below. 

~ AJ
Upwork
39f240c2
Community Member

hi

I have submitted many proposals which met eligible criteria of posting in prescribed format but surprisingly none of my submitted proposals were viewed by clients.Is there are any specific reason for not viewing my proposals. kindly guide me either i have issue with my Profile or something else

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths