🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Audio Editing Project Upload
Page options
javiercampo
Community Member

Audio Editing Project Upload

Hi everyone,  I want to know how I can upload an audio.wav file? Under the "Add Details Here" page, I am left with two options: Either 1) "Drag images here or browse to upload" or 2) "Paste the link to your YouTube or Vimeo video here".  However, I in the first one I am not allowed to upload any audio samples, next, on the second option, I assume I can only paste a link to either YouTube or Vimeo, but I researched, and both websites are very picky in their terms to upload only audio material, especially Vimeo, which doesn't permit any audio (only) at all.  Still, I saw under YouTube's rules, that I can somehow do this by the following information audio section:

Audio file guidelines

The following guidelines are for audio tracks that you provide to YouTube. These guidelines describe the formatting specifications that yield the highest quality for playing audio on YouTube and for matching your audio tracks to the audio tracks of user-uploaded videos. Note that an audio track would only be played back on YouTube if you have opted to include that track in YouTube's AudioSwap program. Generally, we recommend that you upload the highest quality audio possible.

• Supported file formats:

• MP3 audio in MP3/WAV container
    • PCM audio in WAV container
    • AAC audio in MOV container
    • FLAC audio

• Minimum audio bitrate for lossy formats: 64 kbps

• Minimum audible duration: 33 seconds (excluding silence and background noise)

• Maximum duration: None

I assume that if I am the owner of my original work, I should be able to hold all the copyrights to all of my materials.  In my understanding, I must either 

• MP3 audio in MP3/WAV container
  • PCM audio in WAV container

Please let me know any other details you think are important or relevant to my specific situation.  Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Javier, 

Currently, .wav files are not supported when uploading portfolio items. I will make sure to share this with the team for their consideration. I am not sure about how you can upload audio files to your YouTube account and would definitely recommend that you reach out to them so that they can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you for your reply, I asked this question because Upwork allows Audio Editing Freelancers to upload their work, and because there are many clients that look for us, so I assumed that there was a basic way to upload wav files.  However, as I researched, I remembered that wav files are large, so I am trying to find the best and easiest way to convert them into a proper audio file format if possible.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths