🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Auto Reload or refresh?
Page options
emonuzzamanmd
Community Member

Auto Reload or refresh?

Does UpWork permit auto reload or auto refresh after certain time,like 2 or 5 minutes ?

Thanks in advance.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Md Emonuzzaman,

If you leave My Feed tab open in your browser for a while, a notification will show if there are any new jobs:

Screenshot_4.png

If you click on that notification, new jobs will show in your feed.

If you'd like to use some tools to have your browser refresh automatically for the most recent jobs to appear, feel free to use them, as long as they don't violate Upwork Terms of Use.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Md,

Could you please clarify your query so that we can advise you accordingly? Do you mean the browser refresh?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Yes. Exactl. Reloading a tab of browser where the UpWork is logged in.

Hi Md., 

Are you referring to your job feed auto-refreshing with new jobs while you are logged in to your Upwork account on a desktop browser?

~ Avery
Upwork

Yes, exactly.

@Bojan bro did you get my point?
fahim3011
Community Member

That's a very good question.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Md Emonuzzaman,

If you leave My Feed tab open in your browser for a while, a notification will show if there are any new jobs:

Screenshot_4.png

If you click on that notification, new jobs will show in your feed.

If you'd like to use some tools to have your browser refresh automatically for the most recent jobs to appear, feel free to use them, as long as they don't violate Upwork Terms of Use.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Dear Valeria,

I am also facing the same issue as Md. is facing.

Leaving the feed for some time is OK but if you do the refreshing manually you'll notice that there are projects which was recently been posted for example 1 minutes ago, 3 minutes ago, and so on.

What I am trying to say is that why one need to wait for some time to see the new feeds? The point is if we wait also the project may receive bids made before us and we are left behind. So there should be an option of auto refresh which can refresh the feeds every 1 minute atleast.

I hope my point is clear to you.

Thanks

Happy Upwork User

Douglas

Thank you for your feedback, Douglas, I will share it with our team.

~ Goran
Upwork

Can auto refresher extensions be used in any page of upwork?

For example the Messages page or the My Jobs page?

Hi Azad,

Yes, you can use this as long as they don't violate Upwork's Terms of Service.

~Andrea
Upwork

Is it possible for you to mention the section where it says much more about the Reload Extensions and Upwork Policies in the terms of use?

enggr_rimon
Community Member

Hello Everybody,

If I use auto refresh extension/tools, Will my upwork account be a problem? Upwork will be a violation of the terms and conditions. Because upwork posts jobs every minute. I'd like to see those.

Please check out attached file for the more clarify.

Best Regards,

Rimon

Hi Md Rimon,

Please check Valeria's post above for more information regarding your query.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks Bojan

I don't think it is a good idea. Using Plugins to auto-refresh the page will pop up the window asking for verification that you are not Robot(As the script will refresh the page after a particular time again & again).

ruan_neves
Community Member

Hi! Is there any problem in using an auto-refresh extension to refresh the job feed every few minutes? I use two monitors and usually leave the job feed open on one of them and was thinking of using a extension to automatically refresh the page every few minutes, but I don't know if that's against the community guidelines and the UpWork ToS.

Why wouldn't you just refresh the page or click on "see new jobs" link at the top when new jobs are added?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths