🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Availability Calendar?
Page options
elearningtek
Community Member

Availability Calendar?

I see that one can either be available or not be available. I'm wondering if there is a way to set availability in a calendar format, whereby one can select the actual days one is available and/or block out dates in which one is scheduled to work on freelance projects. 

I do a lot of freelance - none from Upwork, as of yet. But I'm too busy to remember to log back in here to switch my availability on and off. I rather be able to set it on a monthly or two months basis and not have to worry about it. 

Is this feature available and I've just not seen it, or can this be a future feature?

~ Ediana 

15 REPLIES 15
louisaj
Community Member

I would LOVE this to be a feature, as we all need a break here and there and it helps freelancers and clients plan ahead.

As far as I'm aware there isn't one on here. 

(If there is, someone let us know!)

Thank you for your post. : ) 

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Thank you for sharing your feedback, Ediana. An availability calendar isn't currently available but I'll share this suggestion with the team.

~ Valeria
Upwork

It would be a great add-on. 

Thank you for replying  ~"."~

It is a must-have!
Other freelance sites offer calenders on which freelancers can block days they are unavailable.

Like many other freelancers, I have non-upwork clients I acquired long before I joined upwork.

These clients & I have set days I dedicate to working for them.

So I know I am available for more than 30 h/w, but unavailable on say a Wednesday for the next 6 or 12 months, or even longer.
No use for prospective Upwork clients to mail me with job offers & expecting a response within 24 hours. But all they see is me being available for >30 h/w - yet not responding fast.

The lack of this feature is no help to clients, nor freelancers!

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kate,

Thank you for sharing your feedback in the Community, we'll forward your suggestion and the rational to our Product team.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
dreddurius
Community Member

It's a great add-on for freelancers. But I'm 99% sure this would be a free "Auto-Ignore" feature for clients. More work for us then, thank you.

revivelogic
Community Member

I REALLY NEED THIS TOO!

If you guys take a look at how calendy set up their system, you can connect your calendar and have it check for conflicts.

Meaning if I am available through Upwork between 9am-5pm and let's say I schedule for a lunch at 1pm on my calendar, it will see I added something there and block out that time from being able to be scheduled.

The problem I am running into is I have stuff on my calendar already and Upwork availability still sees that spot open and people are booking it.

Hi Matthew, 

I haven't checked your account in great detail, but I wanted to see if you have already tried linking your calendar by following the steps here? If so, could you please confirm if the issue persists? 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hey Avery,

Yes I have linked it here, but it does not check for conflicts.

Hi Matthew, 

Before I proceed, could you please confirm if you have also tried updating your availability by clicking on the "Edit Availability" link and setting your available hours? 

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 11.18.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-08 at 11.17.45 PM.png

~ Avery
Upwork

Hey There,

I do have my availability set to 9-6 Monday-Friday.

Just to make sure we are on the same page. Here's an example of what I am trying to do.

Let's say someone books me on my calendly.com and it books it at 10 am.

The availability to schedule through Upwork should not be able to allow someone to also schedule at 10am.

Hi Matthew,

As long as you've synched your Calendly account with the Google account and has synced Upwork Easy Meetings with their same Google account, then yes, the availability should reflect the same on both if a timeslot is booked.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Unfortunately, this does not work for me, I have resynced both calendars, not working.

Hi Matthew,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket and will assist you further with your calendar. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths