🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Average connects per job?
Page options
aymx
Community Member

Average connects per job?

Hello all, I am a relatively new freelancer, working in the content creation section of Upwork. 
I have spent money twice on 80 connects but the job conversion rate seems to be rather low. And I'm wondering if there are other people facing the same problem?

I don't know if I should continue spending money trying to bid for more jobs. Any opinions or advice would truly be appreciated!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Aaron Y wrote:

Hello all, I am a relatively new freelancer, working in the content creation section of Upwork. 
I have spent money twice on 80 connects but the job conversion rate seems to be rather low. And I'm wondering if there are other people facing the same problem?

I don't know if I should continue spending money trying to bid for more jobs. Any opinions or advice would truly be appreciated!

Your profile needs work. It needs a headline that tells potential clients what skills you offer ("about me" is not a skill). Don't ramble on about yourself or your hobbies, be concise and professional. 

It's great that you are a pilot, but you are not offering piloting skills, so maybe chose a different picture. You don't want to confuse clients with widely disparate skills. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Aaron Y wrote:

Your profile needs work. It needs a headline that tells potential clients what skills you offer ("about me" is not a skill). Don't ramble on about yourself or your hobbies, be concise and professional. 

It's great that you are a pilot, but you are not offering piloting skills, so maybe chose a different picture. You don't want to confuse clients with widely disparate skills. 

hi there, thank you for the constructive feedback, much appreciated!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths