🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Avoid Account Suspension
Page options
milidubey
Community Member

Avoid Account Suspension

Hello!

I recently joined Upwork and was browsing the internet for tips regarding Upwork proposals and came across a few posts where user accounts were suspended for applying for too many proposals. I have submitted 3 proposals and haven't got a reply for any of them yet. Will submitting more proposals lead to account suspension?

Also if fellow community members could give some guidance regarding Do's and Dont's on Upwork and some links or posts regarding getting started on Upwork, it would be of great help to all newbies out there.

Thank You

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
65dab6ce
Community Member

Hi Mili,

Welcome to Upwork!

You can check out this link for tips on how to get started and other best practices.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001189113

For more practical information based on other freelancers' experiences, this forum is a gold mine.

One advice I have on your profile is to create specialized profiles for the different skills you're selling and include portfolio samples for each. 

It takes awhile to get traction on Upwork but as long as you're not spamming and sending a ridiculous amount of proposals, you should be fine.

All the best!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
65dab6ce
Community Member

Hi Mili,

Welcome to Upwork!

You can check out this link for tips on how to get started and other best practices.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001189113

For more practical information based on other freelancers' experiences, this forum is a gold mine.

One advice I have on your profile is to create specialized profiles for the different skills you're selling and include portfolio samples for each. 

It takes awhile to get traction on Upwork but as long as you're not spamming and sending a ridiculous amount of proposals, you should be fine.

All the best!

Thank You!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths