🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Awarded 30 connects as a Rising Talent - then...
Page options
cyntheag
Community Member

Awarded 30 connects as a Rising Talent - then lost!

Hi, I am new to the Upwork Community. I recently received notice that I was awarded a "Rising Talent" badge and received 30 connects, which added to my original 60, totaled 90 available connects. My profile reflected the 90 available connects. 

I have been working on my Profile, uploading writing samples, etc. and responded to several invitations to propose, which I responded to in less than 24 hours. 

This morning when I logged into my account and began responding to a posting, I saw a note displaying that 2 connects would be deducted, leaving me with 58. I didn't send in a proposal, because I was so surprised to see that I had lost the 30 connects I had been awarded and wanted to investigate what may have happened.

I double-checked my account, and saw that indeed, I no longer have the 90 available connects I once had. I have not used any of my connects in sending out proposals; so far I have only responded to Invitations.

Please help me understand why I lost the 30 connects.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cynthea,

Your Rising Talent connects were credited to you halfway through your billing cycle. Unfortunately, since you have Basic Membership, they didn't roll over to the next billing cycle, they have remained only until the next billing cycle. When the next cycle started you received 60 connects for your Basic Membership plan. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
cyntheag
Community Member

Hi Bojan, 

Wow, that is very disappointing news. I do appreciate that you took the time to explain why I lost the 30 connects after only having them for a very short period of time. 

In hindsight, to any of you who find yourselves in a similar situation, knowing what I know now... spend your time submitting proposals rather than polishing your profile and uploading work samples. 

Cynthea 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths