🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Bad Client
Page options
ljmartinez13
Community Member

Bad Client

Can i report a client that not give me a contract and for not paying me..he almost waste my time after i worked and wait for his reply to what to do next because he said that he'll be back in a minute after that he want me to log out on his system before he pay me. then he said that he don't trust me so i need to log out..my point is , i wanted to pay me for what i deserved thats the only my concern anyway his name is Jim Victor. i'm so disappointed about this because i gave him my 100% work and on the end he just use me and waste my time.. I hope you read this  upwork community. and i hope this not be happend again to other newbie like me. Thanks!! and Godbless!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "With 9 jobs and over 400 hours ... how can this be your first time?"

Presumably he means that this is the first time he has had this kind of thing happen with a contract.

His previous contracts have been with honest-dealing clients AND were set up properly so that he got paid.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
mtngigi
Community Member

Well, I see you have a few jobs under your belt, so you must know how things work by now.

If you did work for a client you had no contract with, that's on you. You can't report a client just because they didn't hire you. Next time, do not do any work until you are officially hired, have a funded escrow or are using the hourly time tracker. Then it doesn't matter what the client did or didn't do ... you'll get paid.

Thanks you for the quick response!! i appreciate it. this is my first time actually.. i thought i can report that client .im just need this payment for my family you know. but thanks for this comforting message :D.. Great day!!

@Levon Jon M wrote:

Thanks you for the quick response!! i appreciate it. this is my first time actually.. i thought i can report that client .im just need this payment for my family you know. but thanks for this comforting message :D.. Great day!!

With 9 jobs and over 400 hours ... how can this be your first time?

re: "With 9 jobs and over 400 hours ... how can this be your first time?"

Presumably he means that this is the first time he has had this kind of thing happen with a contract.

His previous contracts have been with honest-dealing clients AND were set up properly so that he got paid.

I gave a fair evaluation for a bad client (I provided the reasons and I actually wanted to have lower rating but kept it a little higher than what I really think) but they didn't like it and asked to revise...

Acoording to them, they paid Upwork last Monday but I didn't see any payment information...

I don't want to give a false feedback because of my payment but I don't know what I should do... I'm still pretty new to Upwork and I'm having a good time with another client so I would like to be out of trouble at Upwork...

What would you do if you were in my shoes?

Best,

Junko
prestonhunter
Community Member

You can't report a client who didn't give you a contract...

because he was not a client.

He was a "prospective client."

Maybe he was a scammer.

Or maybe he was confused by your doing a bunch of work even though he never hired you.

In order for you to become successful as a freelancer here on Upwork, it is important that you recognize what you did wrong here. Make sure you understand what your mistakes were, and resolve to never make those same mistakes again.

Copy that mister Preston. Thanks a lot! God bless!! i'm just desperate to get what i have deserved. for my family.. and i'm sorry for that.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths