🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Bad rank by accident
Page options
haik74
Community Member

Bad rank by accident

Hello guys, so I did a job get paid and the client add bad rate . so my score is now under 90 and I cant apply to the jobs, how to fix this? realy very anowing that I am losing all good projects . I realy did the job but that person add bad score. he was out of weeks paid late and score low. even tha I score him good. 

12 REPLIES 12
prestonhunter
Community Member

I'm sorry you were disappointed by this turn of events, but that is not how this works. You can't contact Customer Support and ask them to change feedback scores.

I understand, so what I can do, remove my account and run a new account?

I just looked at your profile page and you do NOT have any bad scores or bad feedback.

If you try to remove this account and open a new account you would be terminated permanently from Upwork. That is not allowed.

DO NOT WORRY so much about that "under 90" thing.

IGNORE this when you apply to jobs. It is a DEFAULT setting, and most clients either do not know it is there or do not care.

Just apply to any jobs you are well qualified for, regardless of your JSS.

yes when I go to send proposals, I can see red checkbox,  I need to have more then 90% score for the project .. so cant send proposals..  maybe you can help me how to build a good search filter? 

You can still apply to those jobs, even if your JSS is below 90.  90% or better is a preference, NOT a requirement.

yes, but I cant filter them, I enter 10 jobs, and most need up to 90.. , I could redo my profile , remove myself and add again.  will that work? as you can see I have verifed account.. and not sure of I will be able create another account. 

Hayk, you can not create a new account.

Don't even talk about that.

thanks , I just send 3 proposales,  and yes, I could send . some aks for 10 k earning , wich I dont have, but I think it might work ,. . and you write my score is not very bad

Hayk N wrote:

thanks , I just send 3 proposales,  and yes, I could send . some aks for 10 k earning , wich I dont have, but I think it might work ,. . and you write my score is not very bad

These are just preferences put in by the client. It does not preclude you from sending proposals. If your proposal and profile is strong enough, you will still win jobs. 

Hayk, 

I do not understand at all what your problem is. According to your profile, you have had two jobs on Upwork, so you do not yet qualify for a JSS rating. So you need to keep bidding on the jobs you know you can do and deliver on those. Forget the 90% because you are not yet there, this is a default option that has confused many new freelancers. 

However, it is important that for every job you do up to getting a JSS, you need to attain consistently high scores (and earn good money!) to achieve a JSS that is above 90%. At the moment, what you must do is to study, as far as possible, where you may have gone wrong on a contract.

Your public feedback shows a five at all levels except communication - so you need to work on that. If a client wants to know how you are doing then tell him or her where you are at. If you are behind be up front about it, but don't just stay silent, or disappear, or tell them you are ill, or the dog ate your homework - discuss it. 

I have had less than stellar reviews that are mostly to do with delivery times - and I have to work on that. But one does have analyze one's reviews and work on the grey areas. Don't ignore them. They can be very constructive. 

I am sure you will pick up more work, but don't get panicky about it. You have some hot competition so make sure you send proposals that make you stand out from the crowd and - less is always more! 

thanks for the message, but its over a year, I did not make any new deal.. and I belive its for that rate. realy the client left me in the middel then he come back like after 15 days and we finish the work.. so then he just rate me low..  i understand, i have to keep biding . i have to find my golden adge .  as when I bid good projects, maybe then i lose .. and to get lower rate jobs, might not work for me, I cant bid 50usd a wordpress website. .. its just very wrong . again thank you to take a time and repond .. and check my profile, I know am not so bad. I did this long time.. and never get full time job.. so.. will keep  bidding

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths