🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Bank Account Is Still Inactive
Page options
neetesh_gupta95
Community Member

Bank Account Is Still Inactive

I have added my bank details to get paid. It has been 3 days but did not get it active. 

My email is **Edited for community guidelines**

Can you help me?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Neetesh,

Could you please complete the W-8BEN form under Settings> Tax Info, which purpose is to

confirm you're not a US taxpayer. You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents. Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Neetesh,

Could you please complete the W-8BEN form under Settings> Tax Info, which purpose is to

confirm you're not a US taxpayer. You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents. Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan, How much time it takes to activate bank account after W8 is provided.

Hi Bhavana,

Once you have added a bank account and the W-8BEN then it should be active in 3 days.

Thanks for the clarification Mary.

Under Agency "Get Paid" option, It is still asking me to provide W9 form to withdraw the payments. Is this because:

1. I need to provide this info on my freelancer profile because I am a US citizen

2. I am the agency owner? 

3. The agency bank account is outside US?

Other thoughts?

Thanks,

Bhavana

Hi Bhavana,

All freelancers who are U.S persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork (all others should file a Form W-8BEN). You sign electronically by submitting the form.

Since the payment method is added on your account you will still need to fill out our W-9 form in order to be able to withdraw funds.
Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I filled the W8-BEN form which shows that I am a US nontaxpayer

however, yet my bank account details are appearing as 'inactive'

Kindly guide as to how this can be resolved

Hi,

I entered my legal name yet the status is "inactive"

I cannot even see/access any payments recevied

Please guide as to how can this issue be solved

Hi Prachi,

I checked and it seems like you have not yet completed your tax information. Please make sure the complete the tax information before submitting it. If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I am a non-US person living in the US as an international student

My SSN has not been activated as yet as I am not libale to pay taxes here

Hence, I filled the non-US form

however, my account is still inactive

Kindly guide as to what is the best way for this

Hi Prachi,

Users located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings to access their earnings. We do suggest talking to a legal adviser about completing the W-9 form and the information/documents necessary for it. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to advise about it legally.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kaur_shalini
Community Member

Hie
My Name is Shalini.
Only first name not last name. Even on my Bank details It is only Shalini.
But on Upwork I put Mrs. Shalini as I read that we can use Mr/Mrs./Ms. as a firstname if last name not exist.

But after multiple tries, my Bank account is is still inactive after waiting for 3 days.
Any1 Please help me for the same.

Regards

Hi Shalini,

You will need to fill out our W8-BEN form in order to to be able to withdraw your earnings. To learn more about this check out this Help Article. If further help is needed let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths