🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Bank Account Name Mismatch
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078

Hi Vikash,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the issue you are experiencing with your beneficiary name. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d7be26eb
Community Member

Hi,

My name on the bank account and profile were different since I recently got married. Therefore, my payment was suspended because of name mismatch. Now I changed my name on the bank account and edited the payment method so that the names on the profile and bank account match. But the warning is still there in the payment page. How can I fix this issue?

Thanks

Hi Demet,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page

~ Nikola
Upwork
srdjansokolovic
Community Member

Hi all! Just faced the "beneficiary name is mismatched" error here. Don't know how to resolve it. Help please.

Hi Srdjan,

It can take up to 24 hours for our team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you once they complete the process.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mkworkingman
Community Member

Hello.

I can't get paid to my PayPal account. For two years I've been using the same Upwork and PayPal accounts, but for some reason I have this error: "The beneficiary name on the payment method you added doesn't match the name on your Upwork account. This match is required."

But I have the same name here and at paypal! I even passed ID document verification here and my fullname at PayPal is the same.

Hi Maxim,

Please allow up to 3 days for the verification on your payment method to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
dezinermonk
Community Member

Hi there,

when i opened my Upwork account there were two sectoins for name i.e. First Name section and Last Name section. I filled Dhan and **Edited for Community Guidelines** as my first and last name respectively. My full name is Dhan **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Since there was no section for Middle Name i thought Upwork doesn't need it or doesnt accept it. When i was filling my payment method in benificary name section my name was already there as Dhan **Edited for Community Guidelines** since it was my Upwork ac. name. I changed it to Dhan **Edited for Community Guidelines** and finished the payment method. But upwork deactivated my payment method saying that the benificary name and name on the Upwork account doesnt match. What do i do now? Do i change my Upwork ac. name as "Dhan **Edited for Community Guidelines**"  or do i keep the bank ac. name as Dhan **Edited for Community Guidelines** only. Please suggest me correct way. I am new to Upwork and want to do everything correctly for longterm careen on Upwork

Thanks.

Hi Dhan,

Please note that it can take up to 24 hours for our team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you once they complete the process. Let us know if you need further help with anything.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

I did not expect reply this quck. Thanks a lot for the help. I will follow the insturctions from Upwork team. Hope it will not be big issue. Thanks a lot.

- Dhan

alexandrovich-ti
Community Member

Today  I added my paypal  as "get paid "and my paypal name is  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Upwork name is also **Edited for Community Guidelines**

But Upwork give me following alert:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I  don't  understand , how do I have to do???

Hi Titulov,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your beneficiary name mismatch. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a10dac6f
Community Member

get paid

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Georgy,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
gabriel_iath
Community Member

Hi there,

I just tried to add my bank account to withdraw funds and it says the name is mismatched. This could be because I only put one of my last names instead of my full last name on my profile. Please let me know how to address this situation.

Thanks

Your name on your Upwork account needs to match your name on your bank account.

Making that happen is the easiest way to resolve this.

If you really can't do that for some reason, then you will need to work with Upwork Customer Support.

Hello,

I have got an error after adding my bank detail. Please resolve the issue. PFA screen shot

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Rukhsar,

I checked and it seems that you already have an open ticket with our team. I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon. Please allow time for our team to carefully review your account and respond accordingly. You will be notified of their response.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I've received a message: 

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

My agency name is Capsquery Private Limited. The bank account (current account) is in the name of Capsquery Private Limited. I've opened an UpWork Agency in the same name. My name is Ananda **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

My question is: what to fill up in the Account holder information?

First Name:

Last Name:

Name on Account

(Check screenshot)

I'm the authorized signatory representing the agency.  

Hi Ananda,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your beneficiary name mismatch. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Gabriel,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
haider147
Community Member

i also facing same issue

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Haider,

Looks like your name change request was approved and now your profile name matches your bank account name. 

Let us know if you're experiencing any other issues.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jeffwiatt
Community Member

Hi, I'm having the same issue.  I want to use "Jeff" on my profile but my bank account is under "Jeffrey".

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jeff,

Please check this article for more information about your concern and how to handle it. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jeffwiatt
Community Member

Hi, I already tried that article and it said if there was a simple mismatch, like "jeff" to "jeffrey" to contact them by clicking a link in that article and someone can approve it. But it just takes me to the help form, and that just wants to post the quesiton to this forum and does not allow me to get in contact with a rep directly, via email, form, or chat.  I thought you would be able to get me in contact with a rep via a help ticket like you did for the previous freelancer.  I appreciat any further assistance you can provide.

One more thing, when I use that form it only allows me to post to community, not an agent.

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 12.05.47 PM.png

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jeff,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for your patience.  

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi - I created my account 6 years ago with my Nick name. However I have recently started using it again for srrious earning purpose and Have added my account details which got rejected because the name on my bank acount is my full name. I tried submitting the request to change my Username but you guys keep on rejecting it and it has gotten very frustrating. Your guidlines are so vague that I dont even get the reason on which you guys are rejecting myu request. Please get back to me with a response. I want to change my username as per my bank account. Make it easier for people guys instead of complicating things for the,

Hi Annie,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi!

I got similar problem.

I want to use bank account, registered on me as private entrepreneur. And it name a little bit different then my name on upwork: containt PE abbriviation and my full name (too long to use it in my account). I didn't found a ways to request a manual review of my bank account name ( 

Hi Stas,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Facing the same problem, as the bank account runs under the LLC name.

Hi David, 

I can see that you just recently added your bank account to your Upwork profile. This will go through a manual review, and if the team needs more information from you, they will reach out to you within 48-hours. If this doesn't happen, you can come back here, and our team will assist you further. 

In the meantime, I would recommend that you prepare documents that would confirm that you are the account holder of the bank account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,

I am having the same issue with account name Mis match.
My full name is Harsha Siddarame Gowda**Edited for community guidelines**, and Bank have made it as Harsha S H. Where S stands for Siddarame Gowda**Edited for community guidelines**. Please help to resolve this issue.

Hi Harsha,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have the same problem, as my last name was shortened to D. on upwork after i got the checkmark, and now the names dont match. Please look into this, as I need the money ASAP 

Hi Nikola,

Please note that it can take up to 24 hours for our team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you once they complete the process

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
adhitya_ram
Community Member

Hi i want to update my profile name from Adhitya Ram to Adhitya Ramasubramanian . I did a signup with google and and my name was automatically added as Adhitya Ram instead of my actual name. Because of this my payment details of bank is not validated can someone help me with this please.

Hi Adhitya,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths