cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Account Name Mismatch

Gabriel I Member Since: Sep 19, 2018
1 of 12

Hi there,

I just tried to add my bank account to withdraw funds and it says the name is mismatched. This could be because I only put one of my last names instead of my full last name on my profile. Please let me know how to address this situation.

Thanks

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 12

Your name on your Upwork account needs to match your name on your bank account.

Making that happen is the easiest way to resolve this.

If you really can't do that for some reason, then you will need to work with Upwork Customer Support.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3 of 12

Hi Gabriel,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Haider N Member Since: Nov 8, 2018
4 of 12

i also facing same issue

5 of 12

Hi Haider,

Looks like your name change request was approved and now your profile name matches your bank account name. 

Let us know if you're experiencing any other issues.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Jeff W Member Since: Apr 2, 2019
6 of 12

Hi, I'm having the same issue.  I want to use "Jeff" on my profile but my bank account is under "Jeffrey".

7 of 12

Hi Jeff,

Please check this article for more information about your concern and how to handle it. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
8 of 12

Hi, I already tried that article and it said if there was a simple mismatch, like "jeff" to "jeffrey" to contact them by clicking a link in that article and someone can approve it. But it just takes me to the help form, and that just wants to post the quesiton to this forum and does not allow me to get in contact with a rep directly, via email, form, or chat.  I thought you would be able to get me in contact with a rep via a help ticket like you did for the previous freelancer.  I appreciat any further assistance you can provide.

9 of 12

One more thing, when I use that form it only allows me to post to community, not an agent.

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 12.05.47 PM.png

10 of 12

Hi Jeff,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for your patience.  

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS