🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Bank Account Under Different Name--how to sub...
Page options
mrcarper
Community Member

Bank Account Under Different Name--how to submit ID verification?

Hello,

I'm submitting this here because I literally cannot find a way to contact Upwork support directly.  When I recently added my business checking account as a way to get paid, I immediately got the message:

"Bank verification in progress
Due to our updated identity policy, at least one of your payment methods has been deactivated as the beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information."

When you visit the FAQ page it directs you to, it tells you, "Contact Customer Support by clicking here to request a manual name review."  When I click "here" (there), it opens "Submit a request", but, instead of taking me directly to a pre-configured place to submit my ID verification docs to prove that my corporation is mine, it's a free-text box where you ask a question.  So I have tried entering various things there, including "request a manual name review", and then clicking "submit".  One of the results is "Bank Account Under Different Name", which, again, just has the same exact info as the FAQ I was originally directed to.  This time when I click "here" (there), this time, I'm prompted to select a category (again, instead of it just pre-filling it for this particular request type).  So I, again, try to guess at what the proper thing is to enter, and have tried various options.  The most obvious one seems to be "Get paid > Add/update withdrawal method".  When I select those options and click Continue, the only "How would you like to contact us?" method is "Ask Community".  This is incredibly frustrating, and seems to be a major bug in the process.  I'm definitely not submitting my articles of incorporation and all that to the "Community".  How do I get someone at Upwork to verify my identity?  Thanks!
28 REPLIES 28
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maximillian,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you further with your request, thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello.

I am having a similar issue.

I need a manual name review but keep getting an endless loop of links when I click "Request manual review."

Please help.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you further with your request, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mrcarper
Community Member

Bojan, It's been several days, and no UpWork team member has ever reached out to me. This is very frustrating, and this bad service experience (and lack of attention to a fairly important bug, and breakdown in the customer feedback loop) is a discouraging start to being a new freelancer on UpWork.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maximillian,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Edited to add:

Your beneficiary name was approved successfully. Your payment method should be all set now. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I also need this done. I got married so I need the manual review and cannot contact support the same way the freelancer above had issue with.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ashley, 

I checked your account and can see that you just recently added your new bank account with your married name (congratulations, by the way!). Once the verification is complete, and there are issues with your bank account, the team will reach out to you within 24 to 48 hours of receiving a notification with more information. If this doesn't happen automatically, you can reach out to us here, and our team will assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I am trying to set up my payment method and my bank account is in my agency or corporation name I had I sent my Company annual report through email which to Upwork 3-4 days back. I have still not recieved any information on when you will verify my payment method.

WHy is it impossible to find a way to send a request or chat with Upwork This is so frustrating and un ethical of Upwork. I absolutely cannot understand how your company works.

Please have some one reply to my emails or send me a message looks like upwork need to hire Freelancers themselves to have a team who can assist people in their misery.  My username is Ritu B and my email is

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Ritu,

I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, 

I am new to Upwork and I am facing the same issue of bank account name verification. Kindly help me with this issue too. I am not able to find a way to reach out to upwork support.

Hi Ranjna,

I checked your account, and it looks like one of our team members have already updated your ticket to assist you further. Please check your ticket number: 29029704, and feel free to post any questions you have so the agent can assist you with it. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
lightrosey
Community Member

I have the exact same problem and I need someone to verify my identity asap or else I can't get paid.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julia,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am having the same problem my account id was under approval when they checked it now these are same how can i contact them to review again

Hi Nousheen,

Your Upwork name needs to match your bank account name or your name to be listed as a beneficiary name in order to be able to use it as a payment method. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

This was not matched because ID was different before but now its matched.
How can i tell them that its matched for approval

Hi Nousheen,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your payment method, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am also having this problem.  I have a corporate checking account and am just getting a feedback loop on what to do.  Can someone please contact me for verification of my checking account?

Hi Karyn,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
presium
Community Member

Hi! First of all - it is quite strange to click "HERE" for direct contact and then i was being forwarded to chat bot or community. Why?!

And yes, i need a manual check of my bank account name. 

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anton,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
iwill2019
Community Member

Hello...I'm having the same issue as everyone else verifying my identity on my bank account. Could someone reach out to me.  Thanks.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Irmagene, 

It looks like you just recently added your bank account. The team will reach out to you soon with more information on how you can complete verifying your bank account details.

~ Avery
Upwork
iwill2019
Community Member

Ok...thanks for replying.

Irmagene Williams
alzazari-tech
Community Member

My payment method has been deactivated because the bank account name doesn't match my name. I was ordered to do a manual name review through contact support, can someone please help me?

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I also would like to request a manual name review for a business bank account, Thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robert,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths