🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Bank Details still showing inactive. s
Page options
elitesart
Community Member

Bank Details still showing inactive. s

Hi, I am a freelancer on upwork and my account email address is *** Edited for Community Guidelines ***

In the Get Paid section, I have given my correct bank details but it is showing "Inactive". Why?

These are 5 days gone and I still see  "Inactive"  my Payment Method as I have entered correct bank details.  Please answer.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Jamshaid,

I just checked your account and I could see that you still haven't completed your Tax Information. Please fill up all the fields in the tax information form so that your payment method can become active after 3 days. Thank you.

Untitled

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Jamshaid,

I just checked your account and I could see that you still haven't completed your Tax Information. Please fill up all the fields in the tax information form so that your payment method can become active after 3 days. Thank you.

Untitled

But I am not running a company. I am an individual freelancer. All my other friends did not provide any tax information but they are running their upwork account successfully.

If I do not have a company then how can I provide my tax info ? or legal business name etc ?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jamshaid, 

You will only need to supply your legal name and address on your tax information page/W8BEN form so that the system knows that you're not a U.S. citizen.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello 
I applied all the details of tax and also payment method is added successfully but still showing inactive from last 2 days. Please let me know the exact reason so that I can fix that .

Hi Oshin,

Can you please complete the W-8BEN form under Settings> Tax Info, which purpose is to confirm you're not a US taxpayer. You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths