cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bank Statement Verification

lisa_yang
Lisa Y Member Since: Jun 15, 2017
1 of 7

I am new to Upwork. I set up my bank account in the "Get Paid" section. After I set up my bank account, I tried to verify my bank account so I could submit proposals to clients. I tried entering numbers from my bank statement but it didn't work. Then it says verification error.

Did I have to wait a couple days before I was supposed to verify my bank account?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 7

Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with verifying your bank account. Can you please remove the account you've added by going to Settings > Get paid > Edit > Remove, re-add the same account and make sure you enter the correct account number and select the correct account type?

If you're still unable to verify the account afterwards, please let me know and we'll assist you further.

Untitled
lisa_yang
3 of 7

Hi Vladimir,

I re-entered my bank account and on my home page it says 

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 4.16.30 PM.png

I can't enter in the amounts. Instead it keeps telling me to contact customer service. Do I need to wait a few days for it to disappear?

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 4.17.14 PM.png

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 7

Hi Lisa,

Please, check if you are entering the correct information when you enter your account. You may need to check with the bank to make sure the routing number is correct for ACH.

~ Valeria
Upwork
lisa_yang
5 of 7

Hi Valeria,

I checked my bank account and I did set it up correctly because I see 2 small deposits from Upwork. 

I read on this link https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068038-Troubleshooting-Adding-a-Credit-Card

I need to "Provide Customer Support with the charges exactly as they appear on your statement, including the amounts and transaction memos".

sasikumr
Sasikumar G Member Since: Apr 27, 2018
6 of 7

Not able to add account to withdraw. It say name mismatch. I have verified it and it was same.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 7

Hi Sasikumar,

Your bank account needs to be issued on your own legal name and match your Upwork name as well. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS