🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Bank Verification Failure
Page options
jessicahoward01
Community Member

Bank Verification Failure

Please help! I entered in my bank direct deposit information and it asked for two small deposit amounts in order to verify my bank right away. When I clicked on "learn more" it said that the two deposit amounts must equal $10 USD. I entered in multiple combinations of 10 and was rejected until it said I had exceeded the maximum number of attempts and that the verification process has now FAILED. Is there a way to try again and could someone please tell me the correct dollar number to deposit to verify my US bank account? Thank you in advance!

10 REPLIES 10
petra_r
Community Member

Jessica, are you maybe mixing up credit card verification (as a billing method) and bank account verification for withdrawal purposes?

Because the credit card verification makes two small charges (not deposits) which add up to $ 10 - obviously the idea is to go to the statement and find the exact charges, rather than randomly trying combinations that add up to $ 10....

The small verification deposits for bank accounts to verify a withdrawal method are much smaller, and they do NOT add up to $ 10 - Upwork isn't sending everyone $ 10 😉

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jessica. 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your bank account verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Bojan!!!

I just had the same issue with my account. I exceeded the accepted number of  attempts and the verification of my bank account failed.

Is there anyway someone from your team can help me to fix this issue?

thank you so much,

Astrid!

Hi Astrid, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. A member of the team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello Avery! I am also facing same verification issue. I am trying to add my payoneer global payment service's US checking account.

Looking forward to read from you.

Regards

Hi Farhan,

Please allow up to 3 days for the verification of your payment method to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

But the account isn't submitted for verification yet. It says on the verification page that because of failed attempts I cannot verify the account and need to contact customer support. 

Thanks

Hi Farhan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
cristinawilley99
Community Member

This is the third time I've written.  I had to remove my account and add it again in order to get paid.  It still says Verification Failed.

PLEASE help me so I can get paid!!

Hi Cristina,

I checked, and I can confirm that one of our team members has reached out to you via a support ticket, providing further assistance. Please check your ticket number: 28717083. Thank you

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths