🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Bank account name mismatch
Page options
ate-spiekhout
Community Member

Bank account name mismatch

Hello,

According to Upwork, the names mismatch on the bank account. This is due to the fact that I utilized my company's bank account.

Where can I upload the required documents?

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ate,

You can change the name on the bank account by going to Settings > Get Paid > click Edit on your current method and upload the information you have listed there. You can also contact our customer support on this Link if you need further help for this process.
Keep in mind that the bank account needs to be issued on your own name, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

There is no function to upload documents on the "edit payment method" page.

You need to contact Support and bear in mind that you will need to be able to show that your name is connected with that bank account.

So even though the account is a company account, it can be added provided you have the paperwork that connects the company to you and also the account.

Hi Goran, I recently created an upwork account but unfortunately I registered it with a wrong name . I Registered the name 'Daisryrie **edited for Community Guidelines**' which is suppose 'Daisyrie **edited for Community Guidelines**', now upwork says my bank account name mismatch with my upwork name. Can I just edit my upwork name? What will I do next. Waiting for your advice. Thank You!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daisyrie, 

It looks like you were able to update your account name already. Please let us know if our team can be of further assistance to you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths