🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Bank account name
Page options
mariverannadiaz
Community Member

Bank account name

Hi - i need to link my bank account in upwork but it is a joint account. Will i be having any problems when transferring to money to my local bank? 

I also have another bank account but it is under my single name- **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Can i use this to transfer money from upwork to my local bank?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Mariver,

When your name is listed as a beneficiary name on a joint bank account it means that you can use it for withdrawals from here.

Your Upwork name needs to be your full legal name and matches your bank account name in order to be verified. If it's needed feel free to update your name by going to Settings > My Info, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mariver,

If you`re listed as a beneficiary on the joint account you can withdrawn your funds on the bank account.

Regarding your second questions, you can also use your own bank account and your name on Upwork needs to match your bank account name so that it can be verified. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

What do you mean with beneficiary?

For my other bank account, my single name is Mariver **Edited for Community Guidelines**while my name in Upwork is Mariver **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Can that be verified?

Hi Mariver,

When your name is listed as a beneficiary name on a joint bank account it means that you can use it for withdrawals from here.

Your Upwork name needs to be your full legal name and matches your bank account name in order to be verified. If it's needed feel free to update your name by going to Settings > My Info, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your help 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths