🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Become a Freelancer link
Page options
2e01fe85
Community Member

Become a Freelancer link

Hi, I have had a client account for a few years but am trying to create a freelancer account. I click on Become a Freelancer link in My Info settings but nothing happens. Am I able to become a freelancer? Thank you for your help.

18 REPLIES 18
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Helen,

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies? Or tried using a different browser? If you are still having some trouble creating a freelancer account, please respond to this thread. Thank you!

Untitled

Hi, I have tried another browser and cleared my cache but the 'become a freelancer' link does not work. Thank you for your help.

Helen

Hi Helen,

Thanks for following up. I checked and was able to use the link from your account. Can you please navigate to Settings > select Create a new account > + New Freelancer Account > use the "Become a Freelancer" button and let us know if you're having any issue with following any of these steps or are not being able to proceed with creating a Freelancer profile? 

~ Vladimir
Upwork

The same thing is happening to me.

Can't click the "become a freelancer link" in Chrome or Edge.

Hi Peter,

Did you followed the same steps Vladimir has listed?
Once you click on Settings please don`t select any other section, go to the bottom and use the button Create a new account. If you`re still experiencing problems with this on your end let me know.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I have tried again with Safari, Chrome, Edge and IE, with an ipad, 2 laptops and a desktop. When I click on 'Become a Freelancer' nothing happens. Thank you for your help. Helen

Hi Helen,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you

bfdc60ff
Community Member

I am having this exact same issue.  I currently have a client account but want to also add a freelancer.  I followed the same steps to create a new freelancer account but the "Become a Freelancer" green button does nothing when clicked.

I am using Chrome on an iMac.

Hi Scott, Can you please try using Internet Exploler and see if it will work. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi Jo-An

I am on an iMac.  I don't see any options for downloading Internet Explorer.

I have tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome.  Still unable to create a Freelancer account.

Ok, I just hopped on a PC with Windows 10 using Explorer, Edge, Firefox and Chrome browsers and I'm having the same issues - the green "Become a Freelancer" button is not working.

Jo-An, is there another way I can create this Freelancer account within my Client account?

Hi Scott, Yes, you can be both a freelancer and a client on Upwork! You'll use the same account to log in to Upwork, but the two parts of your account will be kept entirely separate. If you're a client now, but would like to do work as a freelancer: Click the Accounts menu, choose Settings, and then click My Info. Click the Create a New Account link at the bottom and select New Freelancer Account.

Once set up, use the Accounts menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client or freelancer.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi Jo-An

Yes, I tried those exact steps but the "Become a Freelancer" button is not working.  I am currently logged into my Client Account and have verified all my info.

I have tried on a PC and Mac with Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari, etc., and cannot create the freelancer account.

I am not sure what is wrong?  Can you check my account?

firozsf
Community Member

how to create freelancer account i am freelancer & i want make freelacer account but thay create clinte account 

Hello,

You go to the settings, then in the lower right corner there is a possibility to distort the client profile and create a freelancer profile.

Please see attachment

I will be online. please send me scren if you have problem

thanks

Hi Scott, We've added your country to your profile and you should be able to create a freelancer account now. Let us know if we may be of further assistance.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Thank you Jo-An, that seemed to fix the issue!   🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths