Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Become a Freelancer link

joanbonjoc
Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
11 of 19

Hi Scott, Can you please try using Internet Exploler and see if it will work. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
bfdc60ff
Scott S Member Since: Mar 11, 2018
12 of 19

Hi Jo-An

I am on an iMac.  I don't see any options for downloading Internet Explorer.

I have tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome.  Still unable to create a Freelancer account.

bfdc60ff
13 of 19

Ok, I just hopped on a PC with Windows 10 using Explorer, Edge, Firefox and Chrome browsers and I'm having the same issues - the green "Become a Freelancer" button is not working.

Jo-An, is there another way I can create this Freelancer account within my Client account?

joanbonjoc
Community Guru
14 of 19

Hi Scott, Yes, you can be both a freelancer and a client on Upwork! You'll use the same account to log in to Upwork, but the two parts of your account will be kept entirely separate. If you're a client now, but would like to do work as a freelancer: Click the Accounts menu, choose Settings, and then click My Info. Click the Create a New Account link at the bottom and select New Freelancer Account.

Once set up, use the Accounts menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client or freelancer.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
bfdc60ff
15 of 19

Hi Jo-An

Yes, I tried those exact steps but the "Become a Freelancer" button is not working.  I am currently logged into my Client Account and have verified all my info.

I have tried on a PC and Mac with Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari, etc., and cannot create the freelancer account.

I am not sure what is wrong?  Can you check my account?

firozsf
firoz k Member Since: Mar 11, 2018
16 of 19

how to create freelancer account i am freelancer & i want make freelacer account but thay create clinte account 

d_marinkovic
Darko M Member Since: Feb 6, 2018
17 of 19

Hello,

You go to the settings, then in the lower right corner there is a possibility to distort the client profile and create a freelancer profile.

Please see attachment

I will be online. please send me scren if you have problem

thanks

joanbonjoc
Community Guru
18 of 19

Hi Scott, We've added your country to your profile and you should be able to create a freelancer account now. Let us know if we may be of further assistance.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
bfdc60ff
19 of 19

Thank you Jo-An, that seemed to fix the issue!   :-)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS