🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Before accepting a New contract
Page options
arunasalman
Community Member

Before accepting a New contract

Hello everyone, 

The client has contacted me but has also made a contract and my question is I need further clarification on the project should I accept and then discuss or should I discuss it first so as not to have any misunderstanding and then accept the contract?

Sorry if it sounds dumb, but I have been contacted or messaged 3 times but this is the first time a contract is made, and basically my worry is that if I accept the contract and then don't understand it, the client might leave a bad review. 

Its actually a pretty simple job but since its my first time doing it I am afraid to mess it up 

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Aruna,

Thank you for your message. We encourage freelancers to review the job post and discuss all requirements before accepting an offer. This will allow you to understand the client's requirement in detail and determine if the job suits your skills.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PradeepH

Hi Aruna,

Thank you for your message. We encourage freelancers to review the job post and discuss all requirements before accepting an offer. This will allow you to understand the client's requirement in detail and determine if the job suits your skills.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

That is exactly what you should be doing. The golden rule: never accept before you know everything and have all the files or whatever you need to start or do the task. 

arunasalman
Community Member

Thank you Martina and Pradeep I will throughly look before accepting

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths