Page options
7dd51526
Community Member

Beginner

I New at upwork

9 REPLIES 9
NikolaS

Hello there,

Welcome to Upwork! We’re here to help you navigate the world of online work. Let’s start with the basics here at Upwork.
Below there are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey. 
~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

One question, with a profile like OP's, as it is, can she submit proposals for jobs?

Hi Maria,

Arjay here stepping in for Nikola. For as long as there's no restriction on the account, users can submit proposals to potential clients. However, s a freelancer, their profile picture has to accurately represent who they are, it obviously shouldn't be a photo of a place, a design, or object, or someone or something else (also, misrepresenting who you are, goes against our Terms of Service.)

Additionally, we highly recommend our valued new members get 100% profile completeness to start with. Pretty much every guideline has been provided above by Nikola for members to boost their careers with Upwork moving forward.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Arjay M wrote:

Hi Maria,

Arjay here stepping in for Nikola. For as long as there's no restriction on the account, users can submit proposals to potential clients. However, s a freelancer, their profile picture has to accurately represent who they are, it obviously shouldn't be a photo of a place, a design, or object, or someone or something else (also, misrepresenting who you are, goes against our Terms of Service.)

Additionally, we highly recommend our valued new members get 100% profile completeness to start with. Pretty much every guideline has been provided above by Nikola for members to boost their careers with Upwork moving forward.

Hi Arjay, thank you.
I think I chose the wrong example since the photo is not valid.
But, let's say OP's profile has a valid photo. As is, I mean the content of the profile itself, would it be an unrestricted profile? Could OP send proposals? 

And if it has restrictions, like photo and name, shouldn't it be private until she corrects it and completes the profile properly?

Hi Maria,

I checked on the profile and it looks like the freelancer has already closed their account. Do you remember what was posted on their profile so we can further assist?

~ AJ
Upwork
129e6718
Community Member

yes i'm

Benard O wrote:

yes i'm

I think you should follow the advice that Nikola has given to OP.
And you should check your text because according to your skills it should be perfect.

Here's a link to get you started:
https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/To-all-freelancers-looking-for-help/m-p/1222058#M731117

joni-pk
Community Member

welcome our commiunity

m_terrazas
Community Member

Ms A wrote:

I New at upwork

You have work to do with your profile and reading everything you need to be able to be competitive on Upwork.
You can start by putting a photo of yourself, and your name.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/To-all-freelancers-looking-for-help/m-p/1222058#M731117

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths