🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Beginnings in Upwork
Page options
jaml1
Community Member

Beginnings in Upwork

Hello everyone!

I will ask the classic question of Uppwork, how to get jobs? I've been sending proposals for 2 months but I have not got a job, I do not know if it's because I'm not doing something right or it's normal for new freelancers. I would also like to know how I know they already hired me?

Regards! I wait for answers!

2 REPLIES 2
imakeinternet
Community Member

Hi Jacinto,

A couple points that might help you on your way:

1. Your skills say that you're a graphic artist but your bio says you have no idea what you're doing.  Take a look at your competition and come up with a well-formed introduction to your skills.
  2. Take some tests and publish them on your profile.
  3. Don't give up.  It can be really difficult to compete, especially being in Venezuala, but persistence will pay off. 
  4. Lower your hourly rate.  This will help you gain a competitive edge on your competition.  Once you have a few jobs under your belt then you can increase your hourly rate.  You may feel like you're selling yourself short but also keep in mind that nobody is going to hire someone with no Upwork experience.

Happy Upworking!

Mike

Hello! I have taken your advice with great encouragement! I have made some changes in my biography and changed my hourly rate. I hope you can give me some comments if you are available. Thank you very much for your prompt response, I had reviewed it from the same day but I had not responded because I made sure to make the changes and reviewed the tests I could do.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths